Disneyland Wait Times for April 2023
The Walt Disney Company will turn 100 years old in October.
Disneyland Resort wasn’t willing to wait, though. The Disney100 celebration is well underway, with several new tourist amenities available.
Also, Mickey’s Toontown reopened this past month after undergoing a yearlong refurbishment.
In short, guests have enjoyed several unique reasons to visit the Happiest Place on Earth lately.
Will this impact Disneyland’s wait times for April 2023? Almost assuredly.
Over the past two months, Disneyland Park has opened three new/new-adjacent attractions.
We previously discussed the surprise at Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
After less than a month in operation, Disney eliminated the virtual queue for this ride and switched to a standby line. That…was shocking.
Over the past two weeks, Disney has also reopened Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin and Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster.
Ostensibly, these rides should siphon traffic away from other attractions. To a larger point, Mickey’s Toontown itself should do that.
Imagineers have redesigned the themed land as one giant playground, enticing guests to spend more time here.
This one change should create a halo effect everywhere else, shortening lines. And that sounds great, in theory.
Alas, the past month also included Spring Break throughout North America. So, this probably won’t be pretty.
The one thing to remember is that the new/returning attractions at Mickey’s Toontown will likely follow the same formula as Snow White’s Enchanted Wish.
They’ll prove extremely popular for several weeks. Once the newness dies down, they’ll return to a more cyclical wait time pattern.
Average Waits at Disneyland Park
Here are the average waits for the past month at Disneyland Park:
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – 75 minutes, no change
- Indiana Jones Adventure – 69 minutes, n/a
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway – 67 minutes, down 8
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin – 62 minutes, n/a
- Space Mountain – 58 minutes, up 1
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – 55 minutes, up 6
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster – 51 minutes, n/a
- Matterhorn Bobsleds – 47 minutes, down 3
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 42 minutes, down 2
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Mickey’s House – 41 minutes, n/a
- Peter Pan’s Flight – 39 minutes, down 1
- Haunted Mansion – 38 minutes, down 4
- Alice in Wonderland – 34 minutes, down 2
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – 32 minutes, up 1
- Jungle Cruise – 31 minutes, up 3
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters – 30 minutes, no change
- Astro Orbiter – 29 minutes, no change
- Star Wars – The Adventures Continue! – 28 minutes, down 2
- Splash Mountain – 27 minutes, down 5
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage – 26 minutes, down 4
- Autopia – 25 minutes, down 4
- Pirates of the Caribbean – 24 minutes, down 6
- Disneyland Railroad – 23 minutes, no change
- Toad’s Wild Ride – 22 minutes, down 3
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish – 22 minutes, down 2
- Casey Jr. Circus Train – 21 minutes, no change
- It’s a Small World – 20 minutes, no change
- Storybook Land Canal Boats – 19 minutes, down 3
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey – 18 minutes, down 1
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – 17 minutes, no change
- Mad Tea Party – 16 minutes, no change
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes – 15 minutes, up 2
- Disneyland Monorail – 12 minutes, up 2
- King Arthur Carrousel – 11 minutes, down 1
- Meet Tinkerbell – 9 minutes, n/a
Overall, guests waited for 33 minutes per attraction. That’s three minutes more than last time.
Disney California Adventure
Ordinarily, Disney California Adventure has required a lot more nuance in its evaluations than Disneyland.
That’s because Disney has updated DCA with several attractions and amenities to entice guests to visit.
Since DCA’s inception, Disneyland Park has remained substantially more popular.
During 2023, the role has reversed, though. Disneyland, which rarely changes dramatically as a matter of principle, has undergone a renaissance.
Meanwhile, DCA’s fluctuations have primarily involved character greetings.
You’ll find a revolving cast of Marvel characters cycling in and out at Avengers Campus.
Otherwise, the park has stayed relatively static since WEB Slingers – A Spider-Man Adventure opened.
So, this park has become the more predictable one in 2023.
Average Waits at Disney California Adventure
Did that trend remain during the past month? In a word, yes!
Here are the average waits at Disney California Adventure:
- Radiator Springs Racers – 96 minutes, up 14
- Soarin’ Over California – 57 minutes, up 12
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure – 56 minutes, up 2
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! – 55 minutes, down 3
- Toy Story Midway Mania! – 55 minutes, up 1
- Goofy’s Sky School – 51 minutes, up 10
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! – 48 minutes, up 4
- The Incredicoaster – 46 minutes, up 8
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – 35 minutes, up 5
- Grizzly River Run – 26 minutes, n/a
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind – 25 minutes, up 1
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree – 24 minutes, up 4
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish – 19 minutes, down 2
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure – 18 minutes, up 2
- Golden Zephyr – 17 minutes, up 7
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel – 9 minutes, no change
Overall, guests stood in line for an average of 39 minutes, which is four minutes more than last month.
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! Want to go to Disney? For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below, and one of the agents from MickeyTravels, a Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, will be in touch soon!
Feature Photo: Disneyland