Disneyland Wait Times for February 2023
Happy 100th birthday, Disney! As you know by now, Disneyland Resort hosts the festivities for the Disney100 event.
MickeyBlog spent the week at the Happiest Place on Earth as part of this birthday party, and we weren’t alone.
Disney100 crowds were noticeable. However, the events only started on January 27th, one of the month’s final days.
So, we shouldn’t impact a dramatic impact on the park’s monthly wait times. That skew likely comes next month.
For now, here are the Disneyland wait times for January 2023.
I discussed the consistency of Disneyland’s January wait times a year ago.
Since the park operates such a staggering number of attractions, the ride wait times remain relatively static. It takes a lot for something to mess with the average.
A “something” would be a new E-ticket attraction along the lines of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance or Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
I know what you’re thinking now, and I’m gonna cut you off at the pass.
Yes, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway just opened at Disneyland Park. And yes! It is an E-ticket attraction.
The catch here is that Runaway Railway won’t offer a standby line queue for several months. In fact, there’s no guarantee that it does during the calendar year 2023.
Instead, Disneyland operates a virtual queue system for the ride and encourages Lightning Lane purchases as well.
If Runaway Railway did factor into our discussion, I’m confident it would impact the results. Thus far, the virtual queue is selling out in minutes.
Since that’s not in the cards for a while, it’s a non-factor, though. Instead, we’re left with the general behavior we’ve come to expect at the park.
Technically, one other factor should come into play. We’re winding down the final days of Splash Mountain, which has already closed at Magic Kingdom.
The prevailing belief is that Splash Mountain has less than 100 days left at Disneyland Park as well, but that’s speculation rather than fact.
Since Disney hasn’t announced firm plans yet, the West Coast version of Splash Mountain shouldn’t have substantially longer wait times than usual.
In fact, the Magic Kingdom version didn’t even demonstrate significantly altered behavior until the final ten days or so.
Average Waits at Disneyland Park
Here are the average wait times at Disneyland:
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – 78 minutes, down 12
- Indiana Jones Adventure – 63 minutes, down 14
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers – 60 minutes, down 27
- Space Mountain – 59 minutes, down 22
- Matterhorn Bobsleds – 50 minutes, down 26
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 46 minutes, down 10
- Haunted Mansion – 43 minutes, down 25
- Peter Pan’s Flight – 42 minutes, down 9
- Alice in Wonderland – 35 minutes, no change
- It’s a Small World – 34 minutes, down 23
- Pirates of the Caribbean – 32 minutes, down 12
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – 31 minutes, down 3
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage – 30 minutes, down 12
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters – 29 minutes, down 16
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue! – 28 minutes, down 32
- Autopia – 27 minutes, down 5
- Astro Orbiter – 26 minutes, down 4
- Jungle Cruise – 26 minutes, down 12
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish – 25 minutes, down 6
- Splash Mountain – 24 minutes, down 4
- Toad’s Wild Ride – 23 minutes, down 10
- Disneyland Railroad – 22 minutes, up 2
- Storybook Land Canal Boats – 21 minutes, up 2
- Casey Jr. Circus Train – 20 minutes, down 3
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey – 19 minutes, down 8
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – 17 minutes, down 4
- Mad Tea Party – 14 minutes, down 2
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes – 13 minutes, up 7
- King Arthur Carrousel – 11 minutes, down 6
- The Disneyland Monorail – 10 minutes, up 3
Overall, guests waited for an average of 31 minutes this past month, which was 14 minutes lower than the December holiday rush.
That’s almost identical to the 30-minute average in January 2022, indicating that we don’t have a Disney100 rush factor yet.
Disney California Adventure
While Disney California Adventure (DCA) offers some Disney100 merchandise, food, and decorations, it’s more of the “side” park for the event.
So, the only reason why Disney100 would affect the wait times here is from spillover at Disneyland Park, which happens at times.
Still, I’m not expecting much of an impact here. If anything, the spillover crowds should cancel out the diminished demand for some attractions.
The rides with holiday overlays, Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, lose a lot of their popularity once they return to normal.
So, I’m expecting a wash, but I’ve been wrong (many, many times) before.
Average Waits at Disney California Adventure
Here are the average wait times at DCA:
- Radiator Springs Racers – 91 minutes, down 2
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! – 60 minutes, down 20
- WEBSLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure – 58 minutes, down 28
- Toy Story Midway Mania! – 56 minutes, down 24
- Soarin’ Around the World – 48 minutes, down 22
- Goofy’s Sky School – 45 minutes, down 17
- The Incredicoaster – 43 minutes, down 18
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! – 43 minutes, down 22
- Luigi’s Rollick’ Roadsters – 31 minutes, down 7
- Pixar Pal-A-Round – 30 minutes, down 24
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree – 20 minutes, down 9
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind – 19 minutes, down 11
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure – 16 minutes, down 11
- Silly Symphony Swings – 15 minutes, down 10
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish – 14 minutes, down 4
- Golden Zephyr – 12 minutes, down 8
- Grizzly River Run – 10 minutes, down 11
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel – 5 minutes, no change
Overall, guests waited for an average of 33 minutes for DCA attractions, which is 14 minutes less than the December holiday season’s average wait.
Also, if it doesn’t go without saying, some rides like Pixar Pal-A-Round and Grizzly River Run weren’t as appealing due to the cold, windy weather in January.
So, Disney100 had a minimal impact this past month. It’s likely to matter more when we evaluate February’s data, though.
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! Want to go to Disney? For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below and one of the agents from MickeyTravels, a Diamond level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, will be in touch soon!
Feature Photo: Disneyland