Though travelers are experiencing frustrations, many are welcoming the business as I sign that travel is back in full swing.
Friday officially starts the busy travel season for Thanksgiving, but which day is expected to be the busiest?
Orlando Airport officials say the Saturday after Thanksgiving is the busiest with approximately 165,100 passenger coming through. The lightest day is expected to be Thanksgiving Day.
Travelers should leave early and plan accordingly to account for these crowds.
- Arrive at least three hours before your flight
- Plan for parking: airport parking garages and surface lots are expected to reach capacity
- Use the cellphone waiting lots when picking up passengers
- Follow all of the TSA rules
- Download the MyTSA App for 24/7 access to the most frequently requested airport security information
- Download the Orlando MCO Airport app for up-to-date parking and airport information
Why The Record Breaking Numbers?
Historically, Thanksgiving has always been a busy time period as vacationers soak in the great weather, milder temps, and Central Florida holiday offerings .
Travelers are also looking to move past the pandemic and embrace vacations again.
Travel and holiday news is coming fast. Be sure to follow along with MickeyBlog.com to stay updated on all things travel and Disney!
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! Want to go to Disney? For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below and one of the agents from MickeyTravels, a Platinum level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, will be in touch soon!
Article Source: WESH