Orlando International Airport Is Closing All Operations Starting Wednesday
Orlando International Airport just announced they will be halting all flight operations starting Wednesday, September 28 at 10:30am. All parking facilities will be closed as well.
Operational Update – Hurricane Ian
Commercial operations at MCO will cease at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, 09/28/22. Entry to all parking facilities will be closed at that same period. Please contact your airline for flight updates. pic.twitter.com/P75DooP2EA
— Orlando International Airport (@MCO) September 27, 2022
Hurricane Ian is barreling towards the Florida coast and is supposed to make landfall as a very powerful category 3. Orlando International Airport can expect up to 75 mph winds or more, making flight conditions very unsafe.
Effects from the hurricane can start to be felt as early as Wednesday morning.
Disney has also taken precautionary measures for the safety of their guests and Cast Members during the storm.
- Disney Resort Hotels: Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort since these locations will temporarily close Wednesday, Sept. 28 through Friday, Sept. 30 due to the weather. We are contacting Guests with current and upcoming reservations.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon will close temporarily Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29. (Disney’s Blizzard Beach is currently closed).
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf and Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf will also temporarily close Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29.
- Reservations for Dining and Other Experiences: Effective immediately, we will not enforce cancelation policies until further notice for dining and other experiences like Savi’s Workshop and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
- We are currently monitoring weather conditions and will communicate any changes to park operating hours or special events at a later time.
Stay tuned with MickeyBlog for the latest on Hurricane Ian and its impacts on Disney.
Thinking of a Disney vacation? There’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+, and dining reservations. Best of all, my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Also, feel free to reach out directly at 843.288.1130, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook and Instagram.
Feature Image: MCO