Everything You Need To Know About Sailing on the Disney Magic
Though we’ve been paying a lot of lip service to Disney Cruise Line’s latest ship, the Disney Wish, we don’t want you to think that the magic is limited to the newest boat in Disney’s fleet. As a matter of fact, one of Disney’s original ship, the Disney Magic is one of our favorites with unique dining experiences, stage shows and so much more.
Check out some of the incredible amenities and options that we think make the Disney Magic so wonderful and be sure to download planDisney’s handy pocket guide to the ship below!
The Disney Magic took its maiden voyage on July 30, 1998. It is home to 11 decks of onboard fun! From the moment you board the ship and the crew greets your party by name, you know that you’re on your way to a truly magical voyage. As if that weren’t awesome enough, just look at all of the experiences that are included in a Disney Cruise Line sailing aboard the Disney Magic:
- Enchanting Entertainment
- Spacious Staterooms
- A visit to Disney’s Private Island – Castaway Cay
- Variety of dining options
- Imaginative youth clubs
- Access to Adult Exclusive areas
The Disney Magic has one of the most eclectic array of itineraries of any Disney ship. There’s opens from the Atlantic to the Pacific, Europe and more. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the options available to those looking for a Disney magic getaway.
- 2-Night Baja Cruise from San Diego with a stop in Ensenada, Mexico
- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami with stops at Disney’s Castaway Cay and Nassau
- 4-Night Baja Cruise from San Diego with a stop in Cabo San Lucas
- 4-Night Baja Cruise from San Diego with stops in Ensenada and Catalina Island
- 4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston with a stop at Progreso, Mexico
- 4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston with a stop in Cozumel, Mexico
- 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami with stops at Disney’s Castaway Cay and Nassau
- 4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans with stop in Cozumel, Mexico
- 4-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from San Juan, ending in Miami with stops in St. Thomas and Disney’s Castaway Cay
- 5-Night Baja Cruise from San Diego with stops in Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada, Mexico
- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise from New York City with stops in King’s Wharf, Bermuda
- 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise form Galveston with stops in Progreso and Cozumel, Mexico
- 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans with stops in Progreso and Cozumel, Mexico
- 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans with stops in Costa May and Cozumel, Mexico
- 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami with 2 Stops at Disney Castaway Cay and a stop in Nassau
- 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Miami with stops in Grand Cayman and Disney Castaway Cay
- 6-Night Canada and New England Cruise from New York with stops in Bar Harbor, Maine, Saint John, Canada and Halifax (Nova Scotia), Canada
- 6-Night Caribbean Cruise from San Juan ending in Galveston with stops in St Thomas and Falmouth, Jamaica
- 6-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston with stops in Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico
- 6-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans with stops in Costa Maya and Grand Cayman
- 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston with stops in Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel
- 7-Night Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean Cruise from New York City and ending in San Juan with stops in Antigua, St Lucia, Aruba and Bonaire
- 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise from San Juan with stops in St. Maarten, Antigua, Dominica, St. Lucia and Barbados
- 7-Night Northern European Cruise from Dover, England with stops in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Warnemünde (Berlin), Germany, Copenhagen, Denmark and Oslo, Norway
- 7-Night British Isles Cruise from Dover with stops in Portland (Stonehenge), England, Cobh (Cork), Ireland, Liverpool, England, Belfast, Northern Ireland, Greenock (Glasgow & Edinburgh), Scotland
- 7-Night Mexican Riviera Cruise from San Diego with stops in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Mazatlán, Mexico, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- 8-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise from San Juan with stops in St. Kitts, St Lucia, Bonaire, Aruba and Curaçao
- 8-Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise from Dover with stops in Alesund, Norway. Nordfjordeid, Norway, Eidfjord, Norway and Stavanger, Norway
- 12-Night Westbound Transatlantic Cruise from Dover to New York with stops in Le Havre (Paris), France. Plymouth, England, Vigo, Spain, King’s Wharf, Bermuda, New York, New York
- 14-Night Eastern Panama Canal Cruise from San Diego to Galveston with stops in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Panama Canal, Cartagena, Colombia, George Town, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico
- 14-Night Western Panama Canal Cruise from Miami to San Diego with stops in Cozumel, Mexico, George Town, Grand Cayman, Cartagena, Colombia, Panama Canal, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
For packages and pricing on any of the sailings listed above, please fill out my form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote!
Staterooms aboard the Disney Magic are designed with families in mind and comfort/relaxation are the biggest priority. You’ll find split bathroom layouts in most staterooms and the bedframes are just high enough to slide your suitcase underneath. Many rooms also feature stateroom views from two small porthole windows to a private verandah.
- Inside: Standard or Deluxe Inside Stateroom- Sleeps up to 4 Adults/No View
- Queen bed, single sleeper sofa and upper berth pull-down bed
- Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom – Sleeps up to 4 Adults with one large porthole window or two small porthole windows
- Queen bed, single sleeper sofa and upper berth pull-down bed
- Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom With Verandah – Sleeps up to 4 adults with Private Verandah
- Queen Bed, single sleeper sofa and upper berth pull-down bed
- Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom – Sleeps up to 5 Adults with Private Verandah
- Queen Bed, single sleeper sofa, wall pull-down bed and upper berth pull-down bed
- Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah – Sleeps up to 5 adults with Private Verandah
- Queen Bed, single sleeper sofa, upper berth pull-down bed and wall pull-down bed.
- Concierge 1 Bedroom Suite With Verandah – Sleeps up to 5 adults with Private Verandah and floor-to-ceiling windows
- 1 bedroom with queen bed, double sleeper sofa in living room, wall pull-down single bed in living room or bedroom.
- Concierge 2 Bedroom Suite with Verandah – Sleeps up to 7 adults with Private Verandah and floor-to-ceiling windows
- Main bedroom with queen bed, second bedroom with two twin beds, and upper berth pull-down bed; double sleeper sofa in living room.
- Concierge Royal Suite with Verandah – Sleeps up to 7 adults with Private Verandah and floor-to-ceiling windows
- Main bedroom with queen bed, second bedroom with 2 single beds and 2 pull-down upper berths, wall pull-down bed in living room.
- Main Dining: Feast your eyes on an astonishing show celebrating Disney storytelling at Animator’s Palate, set your taste buds aflame with American and French fare at Lumiere’s, and delight in a dining adventure with a fabulous fairytale twist at Rapunzel’s Royal Table, inspired by Disney’s hit animated movie Tangled!
- Casual Dining: Sink your paws into burgers and hot dogs at Duck-In Diner, and come alive with a cheesy pie at Pinocchio’s Pizza. You can even grab a quick between-meal snack or satisfy a late-night craving in the comfort of your room with complimentary, 24-hour in-room dining.
- Adult Exclusive Dining: Looking for a chic evening out? Indulge in a mouthwatering menu of Northern Italian cuisine with a modern twist at Palo, where Italian-inspired furnishings and live music are served alongside sweeping ocean views.
- Lounges – Adults looking for a night-on-the-town while at sea will find a variety of lounge areas including Fathoms (Deck 3), D Lounge (Deck 4), Promenade Lounge (Deck 3) and O’Gills Pub (Deck 3) s
Aboard the Disney Magic you will find several themed spaces where kids can enjoy age-appropriate, supervised fun. Options include:
- “it’s a small world nursery” – An interactive childcare center for kids ages six months to three years old. The room is inspired by the beloved Disneyland attraction.
- Disney’s Oceaneers Club and Disney’s Oceaneer Lab – Designed with kids between the ages of 3 to 12 in mind, your little ones can immerse themselves in imagination in one of several themed spaces including Andy’s Room where you’ll shrink down to the size of a toy and slide down the Slinky Dog Slide
- Edge – Tweens ages 11 to 14 can relax with flat-screen TVs, video game consoles and even a dance floor.
- Vibe – This super cool hangout spot is for guests ages 14 to 17 and is located at the highest point on the ship making it an awesome place to socialize!
- Tangled: The Musical – Be transported to Rapunzel’s fairytale world as the animated characters from the screen come to life on stage. Sing along with favorite tunes from the film, and delight in brand-new songs created just for the show.
- Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story – Beginning where the classic Cinderella film ended, this rousing musical is a fresh new take on the original Disney story. In this musical, the story revolves around the premise: What if Cinderella never got a chance to slip on the glass slipper, leaving those nasty stepsisters with another chance to get their claws into Prince Charming?
- Disney Dreams – An Enchanted Classic – Enjoy a touching story about a little girl named Anne Marie who can’t seem to find it in her heart to believe. One night as Anne Marie is visited by several beloved Disney Characters. Each recounts a tale, complete with rousing renditions of treasured songs.
- Fireworks at Sea – Watch as the night sky is illuminated in a spectacular journey of color, light and song at sea!
- First Run Movies – Head to the Buena Vista Theatre for the latest films or catch a Disney classic on the pool deck under the stars!
- Character Greetings – Mingle with some of your favorite Disney Characters at kids clubs and during surprise encounters
- Goofy’s Pool – Families can make the most of your time at sea at the main pool deck. Here you’ll find poolside games, on-deck dance parties and even the latest films on Funnel Vision as you swim.
- AquaLab is the place for families to cool off, enjoy the interactive splash zone and slide down the double looping waterslide.
- Newphew’s Splash Zone – Littlest crew members will want to pass the hours in this splash area created just for toddlers 3 and under.
- AquaDunk- This waterslide brings the big thrills for those looking for poolside excitement.
- Quiet Cove – This pool is adults only and features two whirlpool spas and even an adjoining poolside bar called Signals!
Relaxation and Fitness
- Senses Spa – .Dive into pure bliss, indulgent luxuries and inner contentment in an environment designed to soothe the senses. This pristine setting features rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam rooms, a dry sauna fashioned after a Roman bath, private luxury villas and so much more. You’ll find a variety of treatments available including massage, facials, salon services and more!
- Chill Spa – Designed exclusively for Guests 13 through 17 years of age, this oasis is located inside the Senses Spa & Salon. Here you’ll find a soothing palate of green, brown and blue hues and accented with a tropical flower motif and rich wood finishes.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique – Storybook fantasies come to life with a wave of a magic wand—and a few hands-on tricks of the trade like hairstyling, costumes, makeup and more. Watch our Fairy Godmother-inspired stylists turn your child into an elegant princess, a valiant knight or an adventurous sea captain.
- Fitness Center – The fitness centers aboard the Disney Magic features state-of-the-art exercise clubs offering stunning ocean views. Each facility features everything you need to work out during your voyage
- Wide World of Sports Deck – This massive, open-air area features basketball courts, ping-pong tables and a dynamic environment, perfect for kids, teens and adults in search of fun and fresh air.
You’ll find Disney Cruise line exclusive merchandise, collectibles, nautical apparel, designer handbags, jewelry and more aboard the Disney Magic. There are seven shops on board and these are as follows:
- Mickey’s Mainsail
- The Crown Jewelry
- Sea Treasures
- Shutters Photo Studio
- White Caps Vista Gallery
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
You’ll find tips directly from the team at planDisney with the official pocket guide to the Disney magic below:
View this post on Instagram
You can download a PDF version of the PocketGuide here. – Disney Magic Pocket Guide
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Disney Cruise Line news and updates.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and stateroom to helping you make the most of your time at sea. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!