Walt Disney World Wait Times for First Week of May 2022
We’ve officially entered May 2022, which I usually describe as the calm before the storm.
Yes, Walt Disney World gets nuts in June and July as summer vacations begin.
Before then, May remains a relatively relaxed affair in Orlando. Well, that’s been the case for many years now.
With the pandemic over, the situation may have changed. We won’t know for sure until we examine the Walt Disney World wait times for the past week.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
I’ll let you know right now that we’re trending wrong. Avatar Flight of Passage, the most popular ride at Animal Kingdom, has increased mightily in recent days.
For this reason, the ride’s average wait time soared from 101 to 113 minutes. And I’ll tell you right now, it was even worse the past two days.
Ergo, something may be up at the parks! We won’t know for sure until we research all the data, though.
So, here’s everything else at Animal Kingdom:
- Na’vi River Journey – 76 minutes, up 4
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – 58 minutes, up 1
- Kali River Rapids – 47 minutes, up 1
- Expedition Everest – 44 minutes, up 3
- DINOSAUR – 31 minutes, down 4
- TriceraTop Spin – 13 minutes, down 4
- It’s Tough to be a Bug! – 12 minutes, no change
Overall, the average Animal Kingdom attraction required a wait of 48 minutes, a two-minute increase from last time.
As you can see from this information, most of the increase stems from the two Avatar attractions. Everything else held well. It was apparently just a slow week in Pandora.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
I always hold my breath and hope for the best when I pull up the data at Hollywood Studios. But unfortunately, this park can wreck plans in the blink of an eye.
However, I have surprising news this week. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance has trended down recently!
I know! I’m shocked by it, too! For the past week, Rise of the Resistance averaged a 108-minute wait. Yes, that’s less than Avatar Flight of Passage!
I’m sorry to use so many exclamation marks, but the implications here are remarkable.
We had two days this past week when the wait was 85 minutes or less. That’s Seven Dwarfs Mine Train territory, not Rise of the Resistance.
It’ll have a halo effect that drops the wait times everywhere at Hollywood Studios if this keeps up.
Did Disney finally figure out a better way to maximize throughput here? It bears investigation.
Anyway, here are the other wait times at Hollywood Studios:
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – 113 minutes, down 2
- Slinky Dog Dash – 99 minutes, down 8
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – 71 minutes, down 17
- Red Carpet Dreams – 57 minutes, down 7
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – 69 minutes, up 5
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – 51 minutes, down 5
- Toy Story Mania! – 52 minutes, down 6
- Alien Swirling Saucers – 33 minutes, down 4
- Celebrity Spotlight – 28 minutes, up 2
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue! – 17 minutes, down 7
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy – 17 minutes, up 2
- Walt Disney Presents… Sulley Greeting – 13 minutes, up 7
- Muppet*Vision 3D – 10 minutes, no change
Comments about Hollywood Studios
Before we do averages, I should note that Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster suffered a brutal week.It was legitimately down as often as it was up. So, its weekly average only reflects a small set of data.
Hollywood Studios attractions averaged a wait of 47 minutes. That’s a drop of four minutes from last time.As you can see, the overwhelming majority stems from Rise of the Resistance.
I’m telling you, folks, it’s a game-changer if Disney can get this one under control.
Let’s start with positive news. Remy’s Ratatouille adventure has had several times recently when its wait time was an hour or less.
That’s a first since the ride’s opening last October. Despite this fact, the ride only dropped an average of five minutes to 82 minutes.
That still makes Ratatouille the longest wait at EPCOT because Frozen Ever After also dropped this week.
It averaged a wait of 76 minutes for the past week, down nine minutes from last time.
We can already tell that EPCOT just wasn’t as crowded this past week.
Here are the other wait times for comparison.
- Test Track – 62 minutes, down 5
- Soarin’ Around the World – 38 minutes, down 10
- Royal Sommerhus – 29 minutes, no change
- Mission: SPACE – 28 minutes, down 4
- Spaceship Earth – 16 minutes, down 4
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends – 15 minutes, down 3
- Living with the Land – 11 minutes, down 3
- Turtle Talk With Crush – 10 minutes, no change
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros – 8 minutes, down 5
- Journey into Imagination with Figment – 8 minutes, down 4
Compared to last week, EPCOT is down four minutes as it averaged a wait time of 32 minutes for all rides.
So, the first three parks are all down. Of course, it wouldn’t be unprecedented for Magic Kingdom to be up, but I think that, at worst, it’s going to hold.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – 72 minutes, down 22
- Jungle Cruise – 67 minutes, down 7
- Peter Pan’s Flight – 61 minutes, down 8
- Splash Mountain – 58 minutes, down 8
- Space Mountain – 48 minutes, down 6
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 41 minutes, down 5
- Haunted Mansion – 40 minutes, down 3
- Princess Fairytale Hall – 40 minutes, down 2
- Town Square Theater – 40 minutes, down 2
- Pirates of the Caribbean – 39 minutes, down 2
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – 37 minutes, down 3
- Astro Orbiter – 37 minutes, down 2
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – 34 minutes, down 3
- It’s a Small World – 29 minutes, down 6
- Magic Carpets of Aladdin – 24 minutes, down 4
- Tomorrowland Speedway – 23 minutes, down 4
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid – 23 minutes, down 4
- The Barnstormer – 17 minutes, down 9
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – 16 minutes, down 11
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor – 14 minutes, down 3
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – 14 minutes, down 1
- Mad Tea Party – 13 minutes, down 5
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – 15 minutes, down 1
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – 11 minutes, down 3
- Country Bear Jamboree – 6 minutes, down 1
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – 5 minutes, no change
Last week, Magic Kingdom averaged a 34-minute wait, six minutes lower than it was the previous week.
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! Want to go to Disney? For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below and one of the agents from MickeyTravels, a Platinum level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, will be in touch soon!
Feature Photo: Four Seasons