Countdown to Cosmic Rewind Opening on DisneyWorld.com
If you’ve been following along with MickeyBlog this morning you’ll know that Disney announced the date for the official opening of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, a new indoor coaster coming to EPCOT on May 27th.
That means, thanks to a new countdown feature added to DisneyWorld.com that we are only 52 days away from take-off!
That’s right, Disney has added a countdown feature to the Cosmic Rewind landing page meaning that as the excitement builds, Disney is right there with you. Check it out here.
And in case you missed it this morning, here’s a first look at the NEW commercial spot for the coaster:
The premise behind the new EPCOT coaster is a fun one. People from the planet Xandar are coming to Earth to create the first “other-world” showcase at the theme park. This is aptly titled “The Wonders of Xandar” pavilion. During your visit here, you’ll learn more about the technology and culture of the planet and discover how our worlds are similar in more ways than you thought.
If you paid close attention to the commercial above, there are some key insights into the attraction worthy of note. This includes:
- During the commercial you can hear someone should “This is an SOS from Nova Corps…Our outpost on Earth’s EPCOT is in danger.” And there’s your backstory for the adventure that ensues.
- Did you notice the moment that Spaceship Earth appeared in the commercial? See if you can find it!
- While a Nova Corps soldier shouts “Everything is disappearing!” we see the entire environment zipping backwards or “rewinding” much like the feeling that you’re supposed to get when launching backwards on the coaster.
- Of course, our Guardians including Peter Quill are relaxing in between missions while Rocket is trying to fix Quill’s awesome Mix Tap. With the other Guardians distracted, Groot is the one that notices that something is amiss on Earth.
- We then hear a Nova Corps officer plea “Help the galaxy before it’s too late” just as she disappears along with Spaceship Earth.
- Rocket then decides to take control and head to EPCOT because it’s time to save the galaxy…again!
- Next we cut to Disney World visitors zooming around in Starjumpers (which is a type of Xandarian spacecraft.) We suspect that this is where you come in!
I don’t know about you but I’m pretty darn excited about the opening of Cosmic Rewind on May 27th, even more so now that we’ve seen this awesome footage. We’re sure there will be lots of additional updates in the days and weeks ahead so keep following along with us for more details.
Didn’t make it to Disney in 2021!? Well we’ve got some fantastic news- Disney Packages are currently available to book through the end of 2022! That gives you plenty of time to plan that magical getaway and I’m here to help.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook