8 Reasons Why H2O Glow After Hours At Typhoon Lagoon is Not-To-Be-Missed!
If you’ve been following along with us here at MickeyBlog, you’ve likely heard the news we shared earlier this week that H2O Glow After Hours is making a comeback in 2022! This evening soiree at Typhoon Lagoon will take place on Saturday nights from May 28, 2022 – August 27, 2022.
To give you a taste of all of the “splashtacular” fun that awaits, here are 8 reasons why we think H2O Glow needs to be on the top of your Summer must-do list.
Glow Lighting Effects and Décor
You’ll be able to experience Typhoon Lagoon in a brand new light. By that we mean incredible lighting effects, neon dance-party props like hula hoops and glow sticks, colorful ice cubes in your H2O-themed cocktails and so much more. Think of it as a Pixar-inspired rave for the whole family!
No Wait Times for Your Favorite Rides and Slides
With limited attendance at H2O Glow events, you can enjoy your favorite Typhoon Lagoon attractions without the crazy long lines. Many Typhoon Lagoon attractions will remain open throughout the evening including:
- Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool is the largest wave pool in North America and guests can catch the perfect curl while body surfing on the perfect wave every time.
- Miss Adventure Falls, the fast-paced family raft attraction was created when a sea-faring treasure hunter got her haul caught in a rogue typhoon, which scattered her treasure across this tropical paradise years ago.
- Crush n’ Gusher, a thrilling “water coaster” that features three 400-foot-long tube slides named for the various fruits they once transported.
- Castaway Creek is a scenic lazy river that encircles the entire water park, offering gentle passage past shady grottoes, gushing waterfalls, overhead rope bridges and lush rainforest landscapes.
- Humunga Kowabunga offers a choice of three adrenaline-filled body slides set against the steep inclines of Mount Mayday.
The Chance to Dance the Night Away
A visit to H2O Glow isn’t just about the water rides. There’s awesome entertainment as well. We hope you’ll bring your dancing shoes (or flippers or flip-flops) because a DJ will be performing a set along the beaches of Typhoon Lagoon transforming the entire area into an awesome dance party!
Adults-Only Areas and Activities
Don’t go thinking that H2O Glow is just for families. Similar to what you’d find on a Disney Cruise, there are distinct areas of Typhoon Lagoon that are reserved for adults only. These spaces are perfect for relaxing, mingling and even enjoy some adult libations!
Complimentary Glow Wristbands
We love Disney accessories and during your Glow After Hours visit you get a complimentary glow wristband. These special souvenirs are only available during Glow After Hours making them a must-have for collectors.
Complimentary Ice Cream Treats, Popcorn and Beverages
Since we’re on the subject of FREE treats, included in the cost of your H2O Glow After Hours ticket will be an array of eats and treats to tide you over. This includes ice cream treats like the famous Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar, popcorn, select beverages and more.
Exclusive Glow-Themed Food & Drink
In addition to the free treats mentioned above, Typhoon Lagoon’s eateries will be brimming with exclusive goodies only available to purchase on party nights. This includes sweet bites, savory treats, icy drinks and more. Be sure to bring your appetites and your Disney gift cards and H2O glow will take care of the rest.
H2O Glow Merch
Each year, Disney unveils special H2O Glow merchandise which is also only available on party nights. In years past you could pick up everything from glow-in-the-dark themed t-shirts, Tervis tumblers and more. Historically items have even featured artwork inspired by the event.
Know Before You Go
Here are a few things you’ll want to know about this special soiree taking place after Typhoon Lagoon has closed to the public.
- Gates for the event will open at 6pm and will run from 8pm – 11pm.
- Tickets open up for guests of Disney Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin and Shades of Green on March 29. They’ll go on sale for the general public on April 1st.
- Tickets are limited and these events due typically sell out.
You can purchase tickets on the Walt Disney World website during the dates listed above or reach out to your travel agents! Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Walt Disney World news and updates.
Didn’t make it to Disney in 2021!? Well we’ve got some fantastic news- Disney Packages are currently available to book through the end of 2022! That gives you plenty of time to plan that magical getaway and I’m here to help.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!