REMINDER: As of Today Disney Cruise Line Requiring ALL Guests 5 and Up To Be Vaccinated
Here at MickeyBlog, we wanted to let all those planning a Disney Cruise in 2022 know that Disney Cruise Line’s change in vaccination policy for children has changed as of today!
As we previously reported, Disney Cruise line is requiring ALL vaccine-eligible guests to fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the CDC at the time of sailing. This is a requirement for all Guests (BOTH US and International) ages 5 and older. For those unfamiliar, before today, the age for vaccination was 12 years and older.
Disney Cruise Line specifies that it is following the CDC and the WHO when it comes to the vaccine types and accepts the following: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Novavax, Sinopharm BBIBP-CorV (VeroCell), Sinovac-CoronaVac and Covavaxin (Bharat Biotech).
Just to be clear, the CDC defines fully vaccinated as 14 days after receiving:
- A single dose of an accepted 1-dose vaccine
- The second dose of an accepted 2-dose vaccine
- The full series of an active (not placebo) COVID-19 vaccine in the US-based AstraZeneca or Novavax COVID-19 vaccine trials
- The second dose of any “mix and match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines (administered at least 17 days apart)
Here are some other policies that you’ll want to be aware of before your sailing:
The following tests are required before setting sail with Disney Cruise Line:
- Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing: Guests who are not vaccine eligible because of age must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test (paid for by the guest) taken between 3 days and 24 hours before your sail date. Guests ages 4 and under must also complete the testing requirements.
- Test should be an NAAT test, rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests are not accepted.
- Disney Cruise Line has secured a special rate of $98.33 per PCR Test (including processing fee) through Inspire Diagnostics
- You may also be able to obtain a test through an independent testing supplier.
- Be Sure to Update Proof of Vaccination or COVID-19 Test Results: Guests (adults and children regardless of age) MUST upload your proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results on the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics. A parent or legal guardian will need to use their own account to provide this information on behalf of minors.
- Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: All guests regardless of age and vaccination status must take a COVID-19 test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line) at the terminal before you board the ship. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results- as well as those sharing the same stateroom or traveling together will be denied boarding.
- Dembarkation Day COVID-19 Testing: If your sailing is 5-nights or longer, all unvaccinated guests are required to take a COVID-19 test on the ship the day before you disembark.
- Back-To-Back Sailings: Guests on back-to-back sailings will be required to undergo a COVID-19 test at the terminal between your first cruise and second cruise.
Disney Cruise Line has previously announced that they will be reducing guest capacity across their fleet and adjusting experiences to promote physical distancing. This includes implementing physical distancing measures in our terminals and areas of ships like such as upper decks, dining rooms, food and beverage locations, lounges, theaters, elevators, pools, queues and other communal spaces.
Passengers will want to be on the lookout for signage throughout the ship that reminds guests and crew to practice physical distancing. In some instances, physical barriers have also been installed.
With this in mind, close up interactions with Disney Characters have been paused. Youth activities are now in small group settings.
In addition to the requirements outlined above, all guests (2 and up) including those that have been fully vaccinated are required to wear face coverings indoors. The only exception is when you are in your staterooms or actively eating and drinking. Face coverings are not required when you are outdoor.
Face coverings may be required at ports of call based on the requirements of the local governments.
Face coverings should meet the following criteria:
- Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free.
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face.
- Be secured with ties or ear loops.
- Be made of 2 layers of breathable material, either disposable or reusable, that is not elastic in nature, such as spandex and elastane.
At this time based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
We hope this helps all of those setting sail this year! Disney Cruise Line sailings are currently available to book through Spring of 2023. Fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Didn’t make it to Disney in 2021!? Well we’ve got some fantastic news- Disney Packages are currently available to book through the end of 2022! That gives you plenty of time to plan that magical getaway and I’m here to help.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!