A Quick Re-Cap of All the Holiday Fun At Walt Disney World for 2021
We’ve spent so much time over the last couple of weeks sharing all of the details of the holiday celebrations happening at Walt Disney World in 2021 that you might have a difficult time keeping them all straight.
With festivities officially kicking off across the parks this past Friday, guests visiting from now until the end of the year will discover a sleigh-full of festive entertainment, whimsical decor, seasonal food and drinks, special merchandise and so much more! And let’s not forget that Walt Disney World also has a 50th Anniversary to celebrate!
To keep you in the know here’s a look at the fun that’s happening at the parks, resorts and Disney Springs in November and December:
Magic Kingdom Park
- A Festive Main Street, U.S.A.- This main Magic Kingdom thoroughfare is all decked for the holidays. Be on the lookout for jolly seasonal decor, themed menu items and so much more!
- An Illuminated Cinderella Castle – On select evenings, special holiday projects will be beamed across Cinderella Castle. These will alternate throughout the night. The Castle will also be turned into a magnificent Beacon of Magic for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary.
- “Disney Very Merriest After Hours,” – This new specially ticketed event, began Nov. 8 and continues on select nights through Dec. 21, 2021. The four-hour evening experience features “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks,” Disney character sightings, holiday music, complimentary treats, “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade,” and a new show, “Mickey & Minnie’s Very Merry Memories,” which draws inspiration from classic Disney holiday stage shows. The event is open to a limited number of guests after regular park operating hours, with lower wait times on more than 20 available attractions.
- Meet Santa – Guests will have the opportunity to wave hello to Jolly Old St. Nick during special appearances through Dec. 24 of this year. You’ll find him holding court in the gazebo at Liberty Square just across from the Christmas shop!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Hollywood Hotel Lit Up For the Holidays – This Hollywood Studios landmark is all lit up for the holidays as part of Sunset Seasons Greets. Projections will magical transform this park icon into everything from snowy Arendelle Castle to a gingerbread masterpiece.
- For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration- It wouldn’t be the holidays with Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Sven, Kristoff and the rest of the gang. During the holiday season the show also gets a festive finale featuring your favorite snowman!
- Merry Motorcade – Santa Claus brings some of the holiday magic to Hollywood Boulevard as he sits atop a red convertible. Santa will be making regular appearances through December 24th.
- Minnie’s Seasonal Dine – Head over to Hollywood and Vine where Minnie hosts a special meal. It’s the perfect chance to see the gang all dressed up in their holiday finest!
- Retro Christmas Decor- Celebrate the Golden Age of Hollywood with some incredible holiday decorated throwbacks. You’re sure to find decorations you’ll remember from childhood as you make your way around the park.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Merry Menagerie – Discovery Island springs to life with a menagerie of beautiful winter animals in the form of playful, life-sized artisan sculpted puppets that interact with guests.
- Tree of Life – The grand centerpiece of Animal Kingdom becomes a Beacon of Magic most evenings as part of Disney’s 50th anniversary celebration in addition to Tree of Life Awakenings which will also take place most nights with it’s holiday celebration of nature.
- Holiday Character Flotillas – Singing joyful songs for the season, some of your favorite Disney friends will set sail down Discovery River. This also includes Santa so be on the lookout. This event will run through December 24th.
- Your Christmas Shopping HQ – This winter Disney World’s shopping, dining and entertainment district transforms into a winter wonderland. You’ll find sparling lights, enchanting decor and holiday surprises. Not to mention a wide array of holiday merchandise, ornaments, family pajamas, Spirit Jersey’s and more!
- The Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll – This annual event features 20 elaborately decorated themed trees including some inspired by Disney World’s 50th Anniversary Celebration.
- Snowfall in Town Center – In the evening, guests wandering round the shops in Town Center may notice a magical snowfall bringing the spirit of the North Pole right to Central Florida!
- Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar – Each winter, this popular Disney Springs watering hole goes through a holiday transformation with delightful decor and a delicious limited-time menu.
- Meet Santa – Santa will be on hand at Once Upon a Toy throughout the holiday season to meet with guests and pose for pictures. Due to the popularity of this meet and greet spot a virtual queue has been set up which you can access via the My Disney Experience app.
Disney Resort Hotels
- Christmas Trees Galore – Almost all of the resorts on Disney World property go all out for the holidays with iconic trees, seasonal touches and more!
- Gingerbread Displays – Head over to the Grand Floridian or Disney’s Beach Club Resort to check out their life-sized gingerbread creations!
- Holiday Eats and Treats – Most of the resorts have created holiday menus with specialty food and drinks.
- The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays- This beloved festival returns from November 26th – December 30th. Guests will find special live entertainment, holiday kitchens, a Christmas Cookie Stroll, a meet and greet with Santa and so much more!
- Candlelight Processional – These beloved holiday performances will be back with a lineup of celebrity narrators retelling the story of the first Christmas. They are joined by a choir of Disney Cast Members and a live orchestra!
- Olaf’s Tradition Expedition – Fun for the whole family Olaf hosts a scavenger hunt to search for holiday traditions that have been hidden around the World Showcase. Find them all and get a prize!
- JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season – You won’t want to miss this stirring and uplifting musical celebration of Christmas and Kwanzaa. Performances will happen throughout the day at the Showcase Plaza Stage.
- Holiday Traditions From Around the World – Be on the lookout for unique presentations such as Las Posadas at the Mexico pavilion, the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs in the Canada pavilion, a Chinese Lion Dance celebrating the new year in the China pavilion, a Hanukkah storyteller along the promenade and delightful holiday storytellers in France, Italy, Japan, Norway and the United Kingdom.
- Santa Meet and Greet – Santa will appear at EPCOT through November 24th at the American Pavilion. You’ll have the opportunity to wave hello and pose for a photo!
Visiting the theme parks during the holiday season has never been more fun! Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog where we’ll be coming to you LIVE! from the theme parks each and every week.
Have you heard the news!? Disney World packages are currently available through 2022! Book your getaway with ME before the end of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook