Housekeeping Opportunities at Disney World Job Fair, $1000 New Hire Bonus
The Walt Disney World Resort invites you to be our Guest and explore Housekeeping opportunities at the upcoming Job Fair on Monday, September 20, 2021. Come meet the Recruitment Team to learn more about the dynamic teams that provide unparalleled resort stay experiences!
Housekeepers are focused on creating magic for our Guests during their Walt Disney World Resort stay by ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness & Guest Service. The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning Guest rooms, including stripping and making beds, vacuuming, dusting and replenishing items such as linens and amenities. Housekeepers will monitor work orders, use a SmartPhone device to respond to Guest requests, and report maintenance needs.
This event is open to the public and will focus on finding talent for our Housekeeping roles. Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to apply and interview on-site. Some candidates may even be hired on-the-spot!
Roles may include:
- Full Time & Part Time Housekeeping – Starting pay rate of $16.00/hour.
Housekeeping new hires will be eligible for our new starting rate of $17.00/hour effective 10/03/2021
With our Disney Aspire program, eligible hourly Cast Members receive 100% of tuition paid upfront for partner institutions!
When: Monday, September 20, 2021 from 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Where: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Convention Center
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
Check in at Veracruz C
$1000 New Hire Bonus Incentive
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to June 15, 2021 or after October 2, 2021 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
- Clean Guest rooms by making bed(s), vacuuming, emptying trash, wiping down keyboards, televisions, alarm clocks, telephones, and dusting all surfaces
- Clean bathrooms by scrubbing basins, bathtubs, shower walls and doors, toilets, and tile floors with proper chemicals when applicable
- Transporting cart with cleaning supplies, amenities and linens to assigned Guest rooms. Maintain cleanliness of work areas and carts
- Replenish all Guest amenities such as soaps and tissues
- Clean windows, mirrors, glass table tops
- Obtain necessary cleaning supplies from supply room
- Report unusual room conditions or rooms in need of repair
- Operate a SmartPhone device to access Guest room assignments and submit work orders
- Work in outdoor settings during various weather conditions
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast Members will be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Complete tasks with proper use of equipment, tools or systems related to performance of assigned responsibilities
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending twisting, and kneeling
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills
- Perform all job responsibilities safely using personal protective equipment
- Comply with all department policies/procedures and service guarantees
- Prolonged standing and walking to various areas of the resort to access and clean Guest rooms, including climbing stairs
- Full Time requires full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Part-Time requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of (3) THREE days per week
- 2 weeks full availability will be required for training purposes
- Bilingual preferred
- One (1) year of previous Housekeeping experience
- Previous housekeeping responsibilities for 14-18 rooms a day
- Knowledgeable of basic cleaning chemicals and equipment
Head on over to Disney Careers to check out this role!
Thinking about a Disney getaway? 2021 packages are available for booking and 2022 packages are now open! Fill out our form below or contact me today for your FREE, no-obligation quote for a Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line or Adventures By Disney vacation! My magical planning services are included at no extra cost. Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook and Instagram.