Walt Disney Imagineering Named Best Workplace for Innovators By Fast Company
Fast Company recent announced their list of 2021 Best Workplaces for innovators and guess who came out on top!
The award was created to honor companies that successfully foster cultures of innovation and encourage employees to discover, explore and invent.
It should come as no surprise that Walt Disney Imagineering should be given this distinction see as by it’s very nature, this teams works in the spirit of worldwide collaboration with a focus on making the impossible possible.
Josh Corin who leads had this to say about the Imagineering team at Disney, “When people come to visit Disney, they want to enter a world where anything is possible.” He continues, . “As Imagineers, it is our challenge to apply both creative and technical skills to make that magical world come to life. We have to keep upping our game—that means innovation in storytelling and technology.”
Check out this amazing clip of Imagineers hard at work below:
Did you know that today Walt Disney Imagineering and Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development currently hold more than 500 U.S.patents.
One of the things that makes Imagineering so innovative is the pairing of those from diverse backgrounds to create experiences that leave guests wondering “How did they do that!? ” Here are some prime examples:
- The Stuntronics advanced-robotics acrobat seen in Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure park
- To enable the most accurate and flexible guest interaction, WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure uses computer-vision AI/ML technologies in its gesture tracking
- The advanced expressive robotic figure, Na’vi Shaman of Songs, found in Na’vi River Journey
- A-1000 Audio-Animatronics figures like those seen in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- “Scenic Sandbox” projection technology seen in Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- State-of-the-art ride systems all over the world including highly advanced propulsion ride systems used in Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure and TRON Lightcycle Power Run
- Innovative techniques for construction and project management including the Digital Immersive Showroom and using Building Information Modeling
Congratulations Imagineering and here’s to many more years of expanding your rich history of innovative firsts.
Thinking about a Disney getaway? Getting started is easy. Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, and Fastpass reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special seasonal touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or on Facebook and let’s get planning!