Digital Room Key NOW Available Using Disneyland App
Happy Thursday Disneyland friends, boy do we have a surprise for you! If you’re planning a visit to the “Happiest Place on Earth”, you can now enter and exit your room using the Disneyland app – How cool is that!?
The Disneyland App has been going from strength to strength as of late. The app now includes a ton of time-saving conveniences like linking your tickets, viewing menus, mobile ordering, dining reservations, attraction wait times, theme park maps, virtual queues and now it transforms your mobile phone into your room key!
How Do I Use This New Perk?
For starters you’ll want to download and have a play around to check out all of the helpful features. With the latest update, the Disneyland app as you can see from the photos above is personalized so you’ll see your name and can even choose one of your favorite Disney characters to add to the main page banner.
Earlier this Spring the Disneyland App also introduced a brand new online check-in service providing guests with the luxury of being able to check in using the app rather than waiting at the front desk. In addition you’ll soon be able to get your room assignment, bypass the lobby and head straight to your room and check in with your phone using your personalized digital room key!
Here’s a look at how it works.
- Link your hotel reservation to your Disney account in the Disneyland app or online.
- Complete online check-in up to five days prior to arrival, or check-in at the Front Desk upon arrival to complete the traditional process.
- Upon arrival, once your room is assigned and ready, you can access your room and locate your hotel room number within the digital key feature by tapping the “Unlock Door” button after signing in to your Disney account on the Disneyland app. If you completed online check-in, you can use your digital key to bypass the Front Desk and go straight to your room!
- Tap the “Unlock Door” button and then hold your mobile device against the door lock. A Bluetooth®-enabled device with the latest version of the Disneyland app is required.
If your’e old school like me and would prefer to access your room using a card from the lobby, that’s fine two! As of going to print, the digital room key options is optional.
Here’s a few other additional tips that we wanted to leave you with today:
- Guests can also use the digital key to charge dining, souvenirs and more to your hotel room via the Disneyland app.
- The key can also be used to access special areas at the resort like pools and fitness centers.
- Troubleshooting – You must be signed in to your Disney account on the Disneyland App to access the digital key features. The Disney account holder who is the primary guest on the reservation is the one that must first access the digital key.
- As of going to print, the online checking service is currently available at all three Disneyland hotels. The digital key option will be rolled out at the Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Californian soon. The service will not initially be available at Paradise Pier hotel but is expected to be rolled out there at a later day!
- Want a hotel room key as backup? Just stop by the resort front desk!
What a time of exciting changes at Walt Disney World. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for the latest Walt Disney World news and updates!
Have you heard the news!? Walt Disney World packages are currently available through Summer of 2022! Book your getaway with ME before the end of August of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook