Ain’t No Tired Like Disney Tired: Nap-Friendly Attractions in Disney World
Whether you’re young or young at heart, a full day in the Disney parks can be exhausting. The trouble is, you don’t always have time to go back to your resort for a nap.
That’s why I’ve put together a list of attractions where you, or your little ones, can grab a few Zzzzs on the go, without having to halt your itinerary.
Nap-friendly Attractions in Magic Kingdom
At Magic Kingdom, these attractions all offer a few minutes of gentle movement and a calmer atmosphere.
- Carousel of Progress- Enjoy an air-conditioned theater that rotates as you take in the show.
- The People Mover- A quick elevated tour throughout parts of Tomorrowland.
- Hall of Presidents- A dark theater with both projections and animatronics. (Pro Tip: Ask to stay for a second showing if little ones fall asleep)
- Haunted Mansion- If your littles don’t mind the fright factor this attraction is slow-moving and in the dark.
- It’s a Small World- A slow boat ride with a melodic chorus to lull you off to dreamland.
Nap-friendly Attractions in Epcot
In Epcot, you’ll find these attractions and locations to be a nice respite from the heat and sun.
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends- a slow-moving ride through The Seas aquarium.
- Living with the Land- a calm boat ride through The Land greenhouses.
- The Seas Aquarium- a two-story open area to view all the sea life. Find a bench or a spot along the wall and get cozy.
Nap-friendly Attractions in Animal Kingdom
At Animal Kingdom air-conditioning is a little harder to come by, but these attractions will get you out of the sun and into the shade.
- Wildlife Express Train- a breezy train ride past parts of the Kilimanjaro Safari animals, and back to Rafiki’s Planet Watch
- Navi River Journey- a slow-moving boat ride in the dark, with beautiful songs and scenery
- Festival of the Lion King- not exactly quiet, but air-conditioned and darker at times, and fabulous music. My son fell asleep instantly.
Nap-friendly Attractions in Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Studios offers these air-conditioned attractions for a quick break and to rest your weary feet.
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid- indoors, air-conditioned, and dark; this attraction has it all
- Muppet Vision 3D- A dark theater with both projections and 3D effects.
- Star Wars Launch Bay- an air-conditioned, open area to wander through. Find a bench or a spot along the wall to rest for a short time.
Now, this is not a full list, but it’ll get you started. If you’re tired enough, you can fall asleep just about anywhere. Once, I fell asleep standing up in a queue for Pirates of the Caribbean.
As a side note, these attractions and locations are also wonderful for breastfeeding mothers. Disney is very family-friendly and accommodating. I breastfed in places all over the parks when my son was little, and several Cast Members offered kind words and allowed me more time in quiet places.
Ready to start planning your next Disney Vacations? 2021 and 2022 Walt Disney World packages are now available for booking. Please fill out the form below for a FREE, no-obligation quote, or email me at email@example.com. I’d love to help you plan your next Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, or Adventures By Disney vacation. My planning services are FREE when you book with me, and I can help you every step of the way. You can also follow me on Facebook or Instagram.