NOW OPEN: Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
Disneyland theme park has officially opened to guests. Though all of the excitement today has been focused on Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, let’s not forget that Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa has opened as well!
If you’ve never stayed at the Grand Californian before then it should be top of your must do list. This AAA Four Diamond property is in the heart of the Magic Kingdom and features Craftsman-style architecture, top-notch guest services and is mere steps away form the fun of the theme parks and Downtown Disney.
It should be noted that at the moment only standard guest rooms are available to book at the Grand Californian. However, DVC members will be able to book Villas starting on May 2, 2021.
- Firstly a confirmed reservation is required to visit the Grand Californian.
- Face coverings are required for all guests 2 and older. This INCLUDES guests that have been vaccinated against COVID-19. Masks must be worn in public areas but can be removed while swimming or dining.
- Planning a visit to the theme park? A park pass reservation and a ticket is required. Staying at the Grand Californian DOES NOT guarantee access to the theme parks.
- Online Check-In: Make check-in quick and easy by doing it online. This will save you valuable time when you arrive at the hotel!
- Make sure you have the Disneyland App on your smart phone. Using this tool you can pay for food, check wait times, make dining reservations and more!
- Contactless payment is ideal due to social distancing requirements. This includes debit cards, credit cards and Disney gift cards.
More About Online Check In
Avoid having to wait in long hotel check-in lines and aid in physical distancing by using the online check-in service. You can access this handy tool using the Disneyland app up to five days before your visit.
If you use the service and agree to receive text messages you’ll be notified of your room number on your phone. When you arrive at the resort simply pop by the Front Desk and get your keys.
During your stay at the Grand Californian Hotel & Spa guests can have peace of mind that your room will be thoroughly cleaned before you arrive and serviced throughout your visit.
Before your visit this includes:
- High-touch areas including TV remotes and door handles
- Floors will be vacuumed between Guests
- Housekeeping tools are also cleaned between room cleanings.
Changes to amenities inside your room:
- Items like glassware and TV remotes are NOW being individually wrapped.
- All pillows are double-cased.
During your stay:
- Trash and used towels will be removed
- Towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom will be replenished.
- Cleaning of vanities and counters
What You Need To Know About Grand Californian’s Amenities and Recreation:
- Some locations including quick-service and grab-and-go options and available at the hotel.
- Guests dining at the Grand Californian will need to have a valid hotel reservation
- Mobile Ordering will be available at select eateries at the hotel.
- Hearthstone Lounge – Lounge Only, mobile ordering is available
- Craftsman Grill- quick service dining only, mobile ordering is available
- Craftsman Bar- table service restaurant. Dining reservations are recommended and can be made using the Disneyland App.
- Pool Cabanas are open.
- Pools and whirlpools may have reduced hours.
- Pools/whirlpools may impose reduced capacity restrictions. Face coverings required unless swimming
- Pool parties and waterslides ARE NOT available
- Fitness centers can operate in conjunction with California regulations. Hours of operation may be reduced
- Fitness centers will impose reduced capacity
- Fitness classes are not being offered.
- Pin Trading – Cast pin trading with lanyards is not available at this time.
- Package delivery to hotel guest rooms is suspended
- Cashless payments are encouraged.
Have you heard the news!? Disneyland is opening on April 30th! Book your getaway with ME before the end of May of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote.
With new policies and procedures in place at Disney theme parks, resorts and cruise ships, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook