All of the Plant-Based Food Items Coming to EPCOT’s Flower and Garden Festival 2021
If you eat a plant-based diet, the food booths that come and go throughout EPCOT’s various festivals can be lackluster at best.
Thankfully, the Walt Disney Company has gotten exponentially better with providing various plant-based options throughout Walt Disney World property, including adding a multitude of options at EPCOT’s famous festivals.
Here’s a rundown of every plant-based item you’ll find at this EPCOT’s Flower and Garden Festival 2021.
Flavor Full Kitchen Hosted by AdventHealth (Future World West)
- Grilled Baby Vegetables with Hummus Cream and Red Pepper Coulis (gluten/wheat friendly).
Refreshment Port (Showcase Plaza)
- House-made Plant-based Italian Sausage and Peppers Poutine (new).
Pineapple Promenade (Showcase Plaza)
- DOLE Whip®.
We’re not quite sure that a Dole Whip consists of a food item, but I’ll take any excuse to have another!
Trowel & Trellis Hosted by Impossible Foods (Showcase Plaza)
Of course, the Trowel & Trellis booth is the one to hit if you’re on a plant-based diet. This booth never fails to bring out the stops and I’m already drooling at the thought of these offerings! An extra bonus being is 3/4 of the menu items this year are brand new.
- Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread (gluten/wheat friendly).
- Impossible Sausage and Kale Soup (new).
- Boneless Impossible Korean Short Rib with Cilantro-Lime Rice, Danmuji Slaw, and Kimchee Mayonnaise (new).
- Lavender Pot de Crème with Blueberry Cake, Pink Peppercorn, and Lime Whipped Cream (new).
(also, how good is it to not scan a menu and automatically have to scratch out most, if not all, of the options?!)
- Pineapple Skewer with Tajin Seasoning (gluten/wheat friendly).
While we’re not overjoyed at the return of this unimaginative option, it’s at the very least refreshing, and about as plant-based as plant-based gets.
Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market (Germany)
- Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce (gluten/wheat friendly).
Taste of Marrakesh (Morocco)
- Lemon Magdalena Cake with Fig Compote and Sangria Gel (new).
There are very few plant-based dessert options (in fact, a total of 1 other than this if we’re not counting dole whip and a pineapple skewer), so this will be sure to appease your sweet tooth while wondering about the festival.
Jardin de Fiestas (Mexico)
- Sope de Chorizo: Plant-based Ground Chorizo on Fried Corn Dough with Black Beans and Avocado Mousse (gluten/wheat friendly).
Which plant-based offering are you most excited to try and this year’s Flower and Garden Festival? Let us know in the comments.