Best Dates To Visit Walt Disney World In 2022
If you’ve been following along with MickeyBlog, you’ll know that 2022 Walt Disney World vacation packages went on sale for dates between January and end of June! If you’ve set your sights on visiting Disney World next year then chances are you’re wondering about the best times of year plan your vacation.
Though we here at MickeyBlog firmly subscribe to the notion that there is NO BAD TIME to visit the theme parks, we do have a few favorites! With that in mind here are some suggestions to help you get the most out of your Disney getaway!
Our Favorite Dates to Visit Disney in 2022
- January- The second half of the month
- February – The first two weeks of the month before Valentine’s Day
- April – The second half of the month after Easter (April 17th)
- May- The first three weeks of the month
- August- Last two weeks of the month
- September – Anytime after Labor Day
- October – The first half of the month
- November – The first two weeks
- December – The first two weeks
If we’ve learned anything over the past year it’s that life can be unpredictable. It’s also true (to a certain extent) that even during what would classically be “off-peak” periods there can be large crowds. That being said, the dates above tend to be a little less busy.
As a general rule, if your schedule is flexible, the best times to plan a Disney getaway is when most families are focused on school-Late January/early February, in May right before Summer vacation, late August and the month of September.
Here are a couple of other pointers when it comes to finding your perfect dates:
- Late Spring (late April) is a nice option for those looking to avoid Spring Break crowds.
- For seasonal offerings, guests visiting in late September, early October can attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival. Similarly, the second weekend of November and the first two weeks in December are perfect for those looking to enjoy Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party without the heavy crowds!
Some of the Busier Times To Visit Walt Disney World
With Disney World currently restricting capacity at all four theme parks to 35%, they crowds aren’t as big as they used to be. However, we may see this change as restrictions start to be lifted over the course of 2021. But for the meantime, with Disney’s intention to keep the Park Pass system through 2022 there are some dates that may not have as GOOD availability as others. Here’s some times to avoid if you’re concerned about crowds or Park Pass availability
- January 14 – 17, 2022 – Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend – Crowd levels are much higher this week as families look to take advantage of the three day weekend.
- February 18 – 21, 2022- President’s Day Weekend –President’s Day day is another popular long weekend where the crowds can be a bit heavier.
- February 27, 2022- March 5, 2022 Mardi Gras Week – Mardi Gras falls during the beginning of March in 2022. This means lots of Southerners will be taking advantage of the time off from school to plan a Disney getaway.
- March 13 – 31, 2022- Spring Break- Beginning the second full weekend of the March, Spring Break crowds start to arrive in droves making the month of March one of the busiest times of the year to visit Disney World.
- April 15 – 18, 2022– Easter falls on April 17 in 2022 making it another popular time of year for families looking to maximize school holidays.
- May 27 – 30, 2022 – Memorial Day Weekend – This is another hugely popular time to visit Walt Disney World. Memorial Day (officially May 30, 2022) marks the start of Summer and the parks can get pretty packed.
- July 1- 5, 2022- Fourth of July Week- The 4th of July falls on Monday in 2022 meaning lots of families will want to take advantage of the holiday weekend!
- September 2-5, 2022- Labor Day Weekend – This September weekend marking the end of Summer can be a popular time for families.
- October 07 – 10, 2022- Columbus Day Weekend- This weekend coincides with the start of Fall Breaks at schools and can mean heavier crowd levels.
- November 20 – 26, 2022. Thanksgiving Week- With Thanksgiving falling on November 26th, the entire week will see a huge influx of holiday crowds
- December 18 – 31, 2022. The lead in to Christmas through New Year’s boasts some of the largest crowds Walt Disney World will see all year. This means parks can near capacity. Having a destination Christmas at Disney World can be a magical experience however, a bit of forward planning goes a long way!
I Can Only Visit During the Summer. What Are Crowds Like?
Summer is typically a very busy time to visit the theme parks. June, July and August tend to be the peak months for families visiting Disney World. Though crowds may be heavier during this time of year, with a bit of forward planning you will have an amazing time. If your schedule is flexible you can beat the crowds a little bit by visiting in Early June or Late August!
Get a Jumpstart On Your Travel Plans And Get A FREE Disney Gift Card!
Have you heard the news!? Walt Disney World vacation packages are currently available through June 2022! Book your 2022 stay with ME through May of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook!
*Gift card values very depending on package. Gift cards will be distributed after final payment on vacation package is made!