Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical Pulls in All Star Cast
The fervor over the TikTok sensation – Ratatouille: The Musical is now being used for a good cause! As we previously reported here at MickeyBlog a star-studded cast is being assembled for Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical which will stream on Friday at 7 p.m. ET for 72 hours
The entire event is being crowdsourced and will cost $5 to view. The cast is made up of a virtual Who’s Who of incredible talent including Tituss Burgess, Adam Lambert, Wayne Brady, Andre De Shields, and Ashley Park — announced for a one-night-only benefit concert.
The Full Cast is as follows:
- Wayne Brady (Django)- Host “Let’s Make a Deal”
- Tituss Burgess (Remy) – Actor “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”
- Kevin Chamberlin (Auguste Gusteau) – Actor “Jesse”
- Andre De Shields (Anton Ego) – Broadway Actor “Ain’t Misbehavin,” “The Fully Monty”
- Andrew Barth Feldman (Alfredo Linguini) – Host Broadway Jackbox
- Adam Lambert (Emile) – Musician songwriter and actor- “American Idol” and Queen
- Priscilla Lopez (Mabel) – Broadway Actor – “Company,” “Pippin” and “In the Heights.”
- Ashley Park (Colette Tatou) – Broadway Actor – “Mean Girls.”
- Owen Tabaka (Young Anton Ego) – Actor – Musical Theater – Billy Elliot
- Mary Testa (Skinner) – Broadway Actor – “Guys and Dolls,” “Wicked” and “Oklahoma!”.
Ensemble members include:
- Adrianna Hicks- Broadway actor “Aladdin”
- Cori Jaskier – Broadway Actor “Charlotte’s Web”
- Raymond J. Lee – Broadway Actor “Aladdin”
- John Michael Lyles – Actor – Off-Broadway “Jasper in Deadland”
- Courtney Mack – Broadway Actor “Mama Mia”
- Mallory Maedke – Broadway Actor “Six the Musical”
- Talia Suskauer – Broadway Actor “Wicked”
- Anna Uzele – Broadway Actor “Six the Musical”
- Nikisha Williams – Broadway Actor “The Color Purple”
- Joy Woods – Broadway Actor “Frozen: The Broadway Musical”
- JJ Niemann – Broadway Actor “The Book of Mormon”
- Samantha Pauly – Broadway Actor- “Six the Musical”
As we previously reported here at MickeyBlog, fans took to TikTok to craft a musical from scratch base on the 2007 Pixar film Ratatouille which is about a rat who loves to cook. Emily Jacobson, who wrote the original “Remy the Ratatouille” song for TikTok and Daniel Mertzlufft whose arrangement of that song helped kickstart the musical phenomenon are being given writing credit. The same goes for Blake Rouse who wrote two of the more popular songs on TikTok “Ratatouille Tango” and “The Rat’s Way of Life.”
In a recent interview Rouse told Rolling Stone magazine, “It started as a joke. And then people sort of started saying, ‘Hey, check this out. This could be the song, this could be the dance numbers, these could be costumes.’ People started to become invested in this TikTok musical theater baby everyone’s collectively taking care of.”
The event is being coordinated by Tony Award Winning theatrical production company Seaview and the music will be performed by a 20-piece Broadway Sinfonietta orchestra. Jeremy O. Harris, Michael Breslin, and Patrick Foley will serve as Executive Producers.
Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical will stream on Friday at 7 p.m. ET for 72 hours. The $5 tickets are on sale exclusively on TodayTix.com, with proceeds benefiting the Actors Fund, which supports entertainment industry workers. With Broadway theaters having been shut down for 9 months, this Actors Fund is now more important than ever!
Thinking about an end of Summer Disney World getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook