Home Alone On TV And A Kitchen Sink Sundae? Yes, Please!
One of our top 5 favorite holiday flicks to watch as a family has to be Home Alone! And tonight, as part of Freeform’s “25 Days of Christmas” programming, the network is broadcasting a Home Alone double-feature beginning at 6:45pm tonight! So get ready to cozy up with Kevin McCallister, Harry and Marv for some Christmas holiday hijinks.
But first, you’ll know doubt want the perfect sweet treat to enjoy while you tuck into both films and we’ve got you covered!
“You’d better come out and stop me!” – Kevin’s Kitchen Sink Sundae
Thanks to some awesome insights from Disney, during tonight’s double-feature presentation, you are invited to try this Kevin McCallister Inspired dessert that is overflowing with deliciousness. This recipe draws its inspirations from the awe-inspiring Kitchen Sink Sundae being served up at Beaches & Cream Soda Fountain located at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts.
Here’s everything you need to whip up a bit of holiday magic:
• 1/2 cup warm fudge topping
• 1/2 cup warm butterscotch topping
• 1/2 cup warm peanut butter topping
• 1 medium banana, sliced in 1/2-inch slices
• 1 cinnamon spice cupcake (2 ½ x 1 1/4-inch), quartered
• 1 angel food cupcake (3 x 1 1/2-inch), quartered
• 2 generous scoops vanilla ice cream
• 2 generous scoops chocolate ice cream
• 2 generous scoops strawberry ice cream
• 1 generous scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
• 1 generous scoop coffee ice cream
• 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
• 1/4 cup marshmallow cream
• 1/4 cup strawberry topping
• 1/4 cup pineapple topping
• 14-ounce can dairy whipped topping
• 1 brownie (6-inch x 6-inch), quartered
• 1 regular-sized candy bar, quartered
• 4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
• 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
• 1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
• 1 tablespoon crushed chocolate cookies with cream filling
• 1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slices,about 2 large slices
• 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
• 1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
• 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
• 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
• 1/2 cup drained maraschino cherries
Step 1. Pour hot fudge, butterscotch, and peanut butter toppings into bottom of large bowl.
Step 2. Layer banana slices and cupcake pieces over toppings. Top with all ice creams.
Step 3. As quickly as possible, spoon chocolate syrup, marshmallow crème, strawberry, and pineapple toppings over ice cream.
Step 4. Cover completely with dairy whipped topping. Tuck brownie pieces, candy bar pieces, and cookies in whipped topping.
Step 5. Sprinkle with toasted almonds, dark and white chocolate shavings, crushed cookies, jellied orange slices, milk chocolate chip morsels, peanut butter morsels, chocolate sprinkles, and rainbow sprinkles. Top with cherries.
We have a printout of the Kitchen Sink Sundae recipe which you can download here- RECIPE_WDW_BeachClub_BeachesandCream_KitchenSink
This is just one of the many incredible movie nights Freeform has lined up as part of their “25 Days of Christmas” celebration. For other fantastic movies you’ll want to tune into in the weeks ahead, check out our look at the complete schedule here.
Readers are also encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog where we’ll be coming to you LIVE! from the theme parks each and every week.
Thinking about a Disney Getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook