Countdown to Christmas With The Disneyland Paris Advent Calendar
We’re excited to announce that our friends in Paris are heralding the holidays with the launch of a free digital Advent Calendar on the website “Disneyland Paris at home.”
Each day through December 24, the calendar will unlock seasonsational content that helps bring the magic of the holidays home. Available in six languages, this festive fun is available to fans and guests around the globe! One day might offer up a sumptuous recipe, exclusive artwork, or a do-it-together activity that you can share with your friends and family.
You’ll find a whole host of awesome seasonal discoveries including Zoom backgrounds like the ones above. You’ll find them here.
Minnie’s Chocolate Ganache Yule Log
You’ll also find incredible holiday recipes on the Disneyland Paris website. Start by whipping up this incredible Minnie’s Chocolate Ganache Yule Log Recipe here.
- Chocolate ganache (ideally prepared the day before):
- Chocolate 64% – 300g / Single cream 35% Fat – 900g.
- Chocolate sponge:
- Flour – 150g / Sugar – 150g / Whole eggs – 5 / Cocoa powder – 19g.
- Genoise syrup:
- Sugar – 80g / Water – 100g / Vanilla pod – 1.
Chocolate ganache (ideally prepared the day before):
- Crush the chocolate into small pieces.
- Heat 300g of cream, and turn the heat off as soon as it starts to boil.
- Add the chocolate and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add the remaining 600g of cold single cream while stirring.
- Stir for 1 minute and refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Place a sheet of baking paper over a baking tray.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a bain-marie, whisk the whole eggs with the sugar by hand.
- The mixture should heat to an even temperature of 40°C.
- Then leave the bain-marie and whisk until completely cooled.
- Using a fine sieve, sift the flour and cocoa over the mixture.
- Gently stir with a spatula in a circular motion.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking tray and spread into a 1cm-thick layer.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Check if done.
- Remove from the oven and place a sheet of baking paper on top.
- Gently turn over the sponge.
- Leave to cool.
- Slice the vanilla pod in half. Place the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 1 hour. Remove the vanilla pod and set aside.
- Take the ganache and whisk it in the mixer for 3 to 5 minutes until it has the appearance of Chantilly cream. Place in a piping bag with a yule log nozzle.
- Cut the Genoise sponge lengthways: 2/3 for Minnie’s head, and 1/3 for Minnie’s ears.
- Cover the Genoise with 0.5 cm whipped ganache, then roll the two yule logs over and completely cover each yule log with whipped ganache.
- Cool for 5 hours.
- Cut 1.5 cm slices on the larger yule log to make Minnie’s head, and 1.5 cm slices in the smaller yule log to make Minnie’s ears.
- Assemble the 3 slices on a plate as shown in the photo, and decorate with your chocolate or marzipan decorations.
There’s also a whole host of fun arts and crafts projects perfect for those cold winter weekends. You can start by making your very own Sven mask from Frozen here. – PaperToy_Sven-masque_UK
The Disneyland Paris website is an absolute treasure trove of Disney goodies. Be sure to spend a bit of time exploring all the holiday fun! Readers are also encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for the latest Walt Disney World news and updates.
Thinking about a Disney getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to receive your FREE-no obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook