Totchos Are Back At Woody’s Lunch Box
Earlier this month, we here at MickeyBlog reported that one of our favorite Hollywood Studios snacks had mysterious disappeared from the menu at Woody’s Lunch Box in Toy Story Land. We definitely felt the sadness over Totchos being taken off the menu.
For those unfamiliar, Totchos are a delightful combination of Tater Tots and Nachos and have quickly become a cult-favorite among Disney regulars. That’s why we’re excited to confirm that after a mini hiatus they’re back!
That’s right! Imagine our relief when we checked out the Woody’s Lunch Box menu this morning and noticed that our favorite treat had made a return. Check out the menu below:
As you can see this tasty treat which expertly blends Potato Barrels with beef and bean chilli. The Totchos are now available as an entree for $8.99. The treat comes with shredded cheese, queso, tomatoes, corn chips, sour cream and green onions!
Does this article have your craving Totchos!? You wouldn’t be alone! And for those that can’t make to to the theme parks soon don’t worry! Were bringing the magic to you with this fabulous Totchos recipe:
Totchos from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Chili with Beans
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Ground cayenne, to taste
- 2 cups jar cheese sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 (2 pound) bag frozen potato barrels
- 1 1/2 cups corn chips
- Chili with Beans
- Queso Sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
For Chili with Beans:
- Brown ground beef in a 5-6 quart Dutch oven over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain off excess grease.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili powder, and cumin. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt.
- Add black pepper and cayenne, as needed.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
For Queso Sauce:
- Place cheese sauce and diced tomatoes with chilies in small saucepan. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, until warm.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Cook potato barrels according to package instructions.
- Divide potato barrels into 6 bowls. Place 1/4 cup each of corn chips, chili with beans, and queso sauce on top of each bowl of potato barrels.
- Top each bowl with 2 tablespoons shredded cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1 teaspoon green onions.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe!
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog where we’ll be coming to you LIVE! from the theme parks each week during the Holiday Season!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, and Fastpass reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special seasonal touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or on Facebook and let’s get planning!