Buena Vista Street At Disney California Adventure Officially Opens For Holiday Shopping
So today marked the official re-opening of Disney’s Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure at Disneyland Resort. This main street at one of two Disneyland theme parks officially opened its gates as an extension of Downtown Disney to offer outdoor dining and indoor shopping for holiday visitors.
The reopening is happening despite Governor Gavin Newsom’s hard line on reopening the theme parks with no official date in sight. Keeping attractions closed but shops open is Disney’s workaround.
Today guests could once again enter through the gates at Disney California Adventure and see the theme park decorated in classic Disney holiday trimmings. It should also be noted that social distancing and health and safety practices are being strongly enforced. Guests are being required to wear masks and temperature checks are being carried out. Attendance is also being capped.
As The Hollywood Reporter points out, the reopening spells good news for hundreds of furloughed employees who were recalled. More are expected to be recalled this week.
If you’re planning a visit to Downtown Disney for some holiday shopping and by extension Buena Vista Street, here’s everything you need to know:
Getting into Downtown Disney District / Buena Vista Street
- Starting today, November 19, parking in the Simba lot will be $10 per car. Guests must go through temperature checks before you enter.
- Entrance onto Buena Vista Street will be first-come, first-served. However, once the area has reached capacity, a mobile waiting list will be used.
Restaurants/Quick-Serve Locations Open on Buena Vista Street:
- Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining: This fan-favorite sit-down restaurant will offer al fresco dining and a significantly expanded seating area. Tables will be first-come, first-served, and once the restaurant has reached capacity, a mobile waitlist will be implemented.
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical: Enjoy a cozy cup of coffee or cocoa or scone!
- Smokejumpers Grill: This quick-serve restaurant is reopening with a modified menu—but don’t worry, it still includes those incredible onion rings! And with mobile ordering, you can just grab and go!
- Award Wieners: These dogs are ready to take a bow at this quick- serve, which will offer mobile ordering.
- Outdoor Vending Carts: Get ready to sample some of your favorite park treats as carts offering churros, popcorn, turkey legs, and even Angry Dogs are ready to serve you sweet and savory sensation.
Shopping Locations Open on Buena Vista Street:
- Elias & Co.: Along with stores such as Los Feliz Five & Dime and Big Top Toys, this signature shopping destination is bursting with holiday goodies and Disneyland-themed merchandise.
- Julius Katz & Sons: Home décor abounds in this quaint shop.
- Trolley Treats: Churro toffee anyone? Go in to see the candy-colored garland; stay for the sugar-coma-inducing deliciousness!
- Kingswell Camera Shop: Now featuring stunning Disney artwork.
We’re so excited to once again see the hustle, bustle and stunning holiday decorations of Buena Vista Street! Readers are encouraged to keep following along with us here at MickeyBlog for further Disneyland news and updates!
Thinking about a visit to Disney World? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook
Source: The Hollywood Reporter