Celebrate National Pumpkin Day With This DIY Winnie the Pooh Pumpkin
If you’ve been following along with MickeyBlog then you know that today is National Pumpkin Day. Earlier we celebrated by sharing five awesome pumpkin recipes that you can make at home and now we’ve got a little Halloween pumpkin inspiration!
Below you’ll find instructions on how to make a Winnie the Pooh pumpkin that is so easy that its a project the whole family will enjoy. And what would Pooh be without his favorite Hunny Pot!? With a smaller pumpkin you can bring Pooh’s favorite treat to life complete with a little honeybee!
Here’s what you’ll need!
- 1 round, circular pumpkin
- 1 short, narrow pumpkin
- Acrylic paint
- Yellow, black, and white felt
- Hot glue gun
How To Make:
- To make the Winnie the Pooh pumpkin, start by painting the rounder pumpkin yellow.
- Let dry.
- Paint another coat of yellow paint over pumpkin if desired. Let dry.
- On the yellow pumpkin, paint Winnie the Pooh’s eyes, eyebrows, and nose with black paint.
- Then, cut out two semi-circles out of the yellow felt. These will be Winnie the Pooh’s ears.
- Use hot glue to glue them on the top sides of the yellow pumpkin.
- To make the Hunny Pot pumpkin, paint the shorter, narrower pumpkin blue.
- Let dry.
- Paint another coat of blue paint over pumpkin if desired.
- On the blue pumpkin, paint a light blue stripe around the middle of the pumpkin and paint the top quarter of the pumpkin slightly darker blue.
- Let dry. Paint the word “HUNNY” in black paint on the stripe.
- Paint a yellow drip of “hunny” on the top left corner of the blue pumpkin, under the dark blue top. Let dry.
- Cut out a bee body shape from yellow felt, two wing shapes out of white felt, and stripes and an eye shape out of black felt.
- Glue together the pieces with hot glue to form a bee. Hot glue the bee to the top right of the hunny pot pumpkin.
We told you this was easy to make and the end product is absolutely adorable! Keep following along with MickeyBlog throughout the Halloween Season for more holiday DIY inspiration!
Thinking about a Disney Getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook