Let’s Go For A Ride On Mickey And Minnie’s Runaway Railway
We have the perfect treat for your afternoon lunch break! Today Engineer Goofy is sounding the “All Aboard” call and it’s your chance to experience Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway from home!
If you’ve yet to experience this fun, family-friendly adventure then you’re in for a special treat! Taking pride of place at Grauman’s Chinese Theater at Hollywood Studios, this is the first ride-through attraction in Disney history that features Mickey and the Gang. To give you a taste, Disney has released a “Ride and Learn” video that allows you to enter into Mickey & Minnie’s cartoon world.
Best of all, with Ride and Learn, you’ll also learn some fun facts and special details about this groundbreaking attraction.
Let’s check it out:
And in West Coast Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway news, we shared yesterday that construction has officially started on Disneyland version of the attraction. Imagineers took to Instagram to share this momentous occasion and we’ll repost it below:
View this post on Instagram
The first steel beam being installed for the future Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction @Disneyland, scheduled to open for guests in 2023! Disney Imagineers proudly joined Disneyland Resort President @KenPotrock outside the construction zone this morning as the beam was lifted into place. #RunawayRailway #Disneyland #MickeyMouse #MinnieMouse
The Disneyland version of the attraction will be opening in 2023. But, some things are worth the wait!
Here’s Disney’s official description of the ride along with some awesome fun facts!
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway blends classic Disney attraction design with cutting-edge technology to turn a two-dimensional cartoon world into a rich, vibrant environment. The attraction features a combination of physical sets, Audio-Animatronic Figures, animated media and projection-mapping techniques, all syncing in time with trackless vehicles and a jaunty musical score.
- Guests have the freedom to look in all directions and may see different details depending on which vehicle they ride in – and where they’re sitting within each vehicle.
- Several scenes combine theatrical effects in ways never seen before on a Disney attraction.
- Projections are used and dimensional sets to provide depth of field while still maintaining a cartoon aesthetic.
- Disney Imagineers experimented with new printing and painting techniques in ultraviolet light – mixing them with scenic elements and projections – to create an environment evoking the vibrant, hyper-reality of a “Mickey Mouse” cartoon.
- Trackless vehicles that carry guests through Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway are anthropomorphic; they become their own characters in the story, each reacting differently to the action as it unfolds around them with their own specific animation programming. In one scene, they scurry away in fear from a volcano, while in another they dance in formation to music.
- Audio-Animatronics figures appear throughout the attraction, giving guests up-close encounters with beloved Disney characters.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more Disney-related news and updates!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels. Find articles like this helpful?
Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. I’ll even scout to make sure you’re getting the best discounts (even after you’ve booked!) Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook