A Detailed Look at Socially Distanced Character Interactions at Walt Disney World
As we reported last week, in lieu of one-on-one character interactions when the Walt Disney World Parks reopen, Guests will be treated to character cavalcades at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, EPCOT, and the Magic Kingdom while Guests at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will see their favorite characters on Discovery River during Character Cruises. Today, per Good Morning America, we have a more detailed look at what characters Guests will see at each Park.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park
When Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park opens to the public on July 11, Guests will see the following characters during Character Cruises on Discovery River:
- Discovery River Character Cruise: Timon and Rafiki or Pocahontas with Meeko.
- Discovery Island Drummers: Percussionists with an energetic beat float down Discovery River to delight Guests.
- Donald’s Dino Boat Bash: Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Launchpad McQuack.
Character Interactions at the Magic Kingdom
The Magic Kingdom opens once again to Guests on July 11. When open, Guests will be treated to the following socially distanced character interactions:
- Cinderella’s Evil Stepsisters: Guests in Fantasyland will have the chance to spot Anastasia and Drizella perched on a balcony of Cinderella Castle.
- Mickey and Friends Cavalcade: Along the usual “Festival of Fantasy” parade route, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their Pals will pop up.
- The Royal Princess Processional: Catch Princess Merida gallop down the street on Angus as well as gazebo float and crystal castle carrying Cinderella, Tiana, Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Rapunzel and more. We even saw Gaston on his horse yesterday!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Character Interactions
When Disney’s Hollywood Studios opens on July 15, Guests will be treated to the following socially distanced character interactions:
- Disney Junior Stars Motorcade: Fancy Nancy, Doc McStuffins and Vampirina will cruise down Hollywood Boulevard from custom convertibles.
- Pixar Pals Motorcade: Be on the lookout for everyone from “The Incredibles” to “Toy Story” Pals as they make their way down Hollywood Boulevard.
- “Star Wars” Characters: Several socially distanced character interactions with familiar faces from “Star Wars” will be available in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Appearance include Rey, Chewbacca, Vi Moradi, Kylo Ren and Stormtroopers among many others.
Socially Distance Character Interactions at EPCOT
When EPCOT opens on July 15, Guests will be able to spot the following characters:
- “Frozen Promenade”: Queen Anna and Elsa will make their way around the World Showcase to wave to their fans.
- Mickey and Friends World Tour: Guests of EPCOT will also be able to spot Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto and Goofy traveling from country to country around the World Showcase.
We also have heard that the Jamminators will also be back at EPCOT!
Even though socially distanced interactions might not be the same as one-on-one character interactions, the magic is still alive at Walt Disney World! And, remember, these changes are only temporary!
Let’s start planning your 2020 or 2021 Disney vacation! Are you a teacher or someone on the front lines battling the virus? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. Plus, if you are a teacher or someone on the front lines fighting this virus, you will receive a Disney Gift Card when you book your Disney vacation with me by December 31, 2020. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with a 3-day ticket
Source Credit: Good Morning America
Image Credit: Disney