House-Made Horchata Recipe for the Holidays
Looking for a new drink to serve for your holiday party? Check this house-made Horchata recipe out!
Horchata is a traditional drink made of rice and popular in many households and restaurants across the country. This exquisite treat can also be found at Disney Festival of Holidays in Disney California Adventure park! Head to the Merry Mashups marketplace now through Jan. 6.
The recipe below is for our house-made non-alcoholic Horchata, topped with a Mexican cinnamon galleta. Enjoy this traditional and postre beverage with family and friends, y felices fiestas!
Serves 1 to 2
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups filtered water
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla syrup
- ¼ cup water
- Dollop whipped cream
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 Mexican cinnamon galleta (cookie)
For rice base:
- Combine cinnamon sticks, jasmine rice, and water in container and cover with lid.
- Allow to sit, in the refrigerator, overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours to ensure cinnamon sticks and rice are softened.
- Blend and strain through cheesecloth and set aside.
- Combine whole milk and condensed milk in large container and stir in rice base. Add vanilla syrup; stir.
- Add ice to serving cup and pour Horchata over ice.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Cut Mexican cinnamon galleta in half and place on whipped cream to create Mickey “ears.”
Tell us what you think in the comments below!
Thinking about a Disney getaway? There are still fantastic 2019 bargains to be had and 2020 packages are NOW AVAILABLE TO BOOK! Fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Are you ready to start planning your magical Disney vacation? Contact me today at MickeyTravels for your FREE, no obligation quote for a Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line or Adventures By Disney vacation! My magical planning services are included at no extra cost. You can find me on Facebook or via email at Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook and Instagram.