Exciting Activities Announced for the 2020 Epcot International Festival of the Arts
Fans of the visual, performing or culinary arts won’t want to miss your chance to celebrate all three during an early 2020 visit to Epcot! The 2020 Epcot International Festival of the Arts, the first Epcot festival of 2020, Festival of the Arts will run for an impressive 39 days from January 17 – February 24, 2020. During this time you’ll find visiting artists, festival kitchens and fun and interactive ways for guests to embrace their inner artists!
Check out some of the highlights:
Food Studios Serving Up Culinary Delights
Twelve festival Food Studios, as well as additional food and beverage locations, will take the culinary arts to the next level with delicious and imaginative dishes. Guest can expect lots of Instagram-worthy works of art perfect for closeups!
The festival will run 7-days a week and will feature a wide array of fun, hands-activities for visitors of all ages. This years activities will include painting opportunities, workshops, artful photo ops, art galleries and incredible performance art including Epcot Living Statues and an Art of Defying Gravity show.
There will also be premium festival experiences that guests can book at an additional fee. Among these is the opportunity to Paint with a Disney Artist as well as the World Showcase: Destinations Discovered guided tour.
Disney on Broadway Concert Series
As we here at MickeyBlog mentioned yesterday, the always popular Disney on Broadway Concert Series returns to the American Gardens Theatre with three daily performances featuring some of Broadways biggest stars reprising their favorite songs from Disney on Broadway productions. This year’s line-up includes Kissy Simmons, who starred as Nala in “The Lion King,” and Kevin Massey of “Tarzan.” The show-stopping schedule currently features:
- Jan. 17, 20, 21, 24 and 25 – Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
- Jan. 18, 19, 22, 23 and 25 – Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”; “Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Jan. 25 – Special performance featuring Simmons, White, Blickenstaff and Lee
- Jan. 26, 28, 29; Feb. 1, 2, 5, 6 and 9 – Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Feb. 10, 12, 13, 18, 19, 22, 23 and 24 – Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”; “Beauty and the Beast”) and Josh Strickland (Tarzan)
- Additional January and February performances still to be announced.
All of the shows outlined above are included with your Epcot theme park admission. However, for those wishing to secure a seat, there’s the Disney on Broadway Dining Package which includes a meal at one of Disney incredible eateries and preferred seating for one show on the day of the dining experience.
More to See, Do and Eat During the Festival
- NEW! Le Cellier Brunch – Indulge in new culinary fun at the Le Cellier Brunch in the Canada pavilion, a leisurely prix fixe bounty each Saturday and Sunday in the relaxing Canadian chateau. Reservations required.
- Wall-E Themed Play Zone – Explore the Green Landing Family Play Zone where Wall-E and Eve invite the entire family to enjoy a lush, green environment built for exploring.
- Fun Photo Ops- Jump into photo-ops located throughout Epcot, such as the Peter Pan Storybook installation by the United Kingdom pavilion where guests can flap their fins in Mermaid Lagoon or get their pirate on at Skull Rock.
- Chance to Paint Wall Mural – Grab a paintbrush and add color to a wall mural along World Showcase Plaza.
- Scavenger Hunt – Join Figment’s Brush with the Masters, a scavenger hunt where the friendly dragon has painted himself into famous pieces of art in each World Showcase pavilion.
- Art Sale – Marvel at and purchase works by Disney’s iconic artists in displays throughout World Showcase.
- Art Demonstrations -Watch visiting artists as they create new pieces, from Disney-inspired works to create art across diverse mediums.
- Fun Workshops -Create festival-inspired T-shirts and candles.
Readers are encouraged to keep following with MickeyBlog for the latest 2020 Epcot International Festival of the Arts News and Updates.
There’s still time to plan an Early 2020. Disney getaway or to start planning ahead for 2020! Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook