Avengers: Endgame Re-Release – What’s New?
For one last time – SPOILERS FOR AVENGERS: ENDGAME AHEAD.
Now in the midst of a re-release, Avengers: Endgame is on the verge of becoming the biggest movie of all time.
But what should fans expect when they head out to theaters for another three our tour of the MCU?
We’ve got a breakdown (thanks to the folks at CNBC and New Rockstars).
What’s New in Avengers: Endgame Re-Release
First up, CNBC’s Sarah Whitten wrote:
- Marvel Studios began showing a new theatrical release of the film with a special tribute, a deleted scene and a teaser for “Spider-Man: Far From Home” at the end of the credits.
- This additional content is an enticing lure for fans of the franchise who were already waiting for the DVD release to see scenes that didn’t make it into the film and other behind-the-scenes content.
- Putting some of that footage into a rerelease will likely draw thousands back to theaters and could push “Endgame” above and beyond the record $2.78 billion currently held by “Avatar.”
- When the credits finally roll, the first new clip fans are treated to is a short tribute to the late Stan Lee.
- Next up is a deleted scene from “Endgame.” The film already clocked in at over three hours, so the production team had to trim a few clips to make the run time lower.
- To promote the upcoming “Spider-Man: Far From Home,” Marvel has also inserted a short clip from the film during the post-credits.
BTW: Whitten got WAY more detailed in the full piece. Go check it out.
Then, New Rockstars did their thing by doing a YouTube breakdown of the changes:
Now, to be honest, I hadn’t planned on watching Avengers: Endgame again in the theater – it’s very long and intense. Simply put: It’s not my favorite movie.
However, this return to the theater feels like a seminal movie moment; something my oldest son, Jack (9), need to do together.
So, we’ll be heading to the movies in the next few days to sit through the Endgame together (again).
But what about you? Are you planning to return to see Avengers: Endgame in the theater (again)? Let us know in the comments.