Discovering Disney Gingerbread Displays Across The Parks, Resorts, And Cruise Line
Happy National Gingerbread Day everyone! Did you know that this holiday season you can see amazing gingerbread displays at select Disney theme parks and Disney resort hotels, as well as the ships of Disney Cruise Line? In the spirit of the season, Disney chefs decked the halls (roofs, doorways and windows, too) to create life-sized, gingerbread houses yummy enough to eat.
Here’s a look at storybook houses, carousels and other confections baked with love by Disney chefs, with savory sweets for sale in most locations:
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – This year marks the 20th anniversary of this resort hotel’s gingerbread house. A classic recipe from Austria inspires the ornaments, cookies and a house standing 14 feet tall in the lobby. Home to The Bake Shop, the gingerbread house is also the perfect place to pick up holiday treats. Furthermore, gingerbread house decorating demonstrations occur daily Dec. 1-25.
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Cinderella Castle is re-created with an “it’s a small world” backdrop depicting Cinderella and Prince Charming greeting guests in the castle forecourt. Additionally, thousands of gingerbread blocks come together to craft this 18 foot display. A life-sized spinning carousel also highlights the display.
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Donald Duck- and Daisy Duck-themed horses are decorated with chocolate, sugar and fondant in this scrumptious classic carousel.
- Disney’s BoardWalk Resort – A delightful gingerbread version of the resort’s BoardWalk features iconic locales such as BoardWalk Bakery, Flying Fish, Trattoria al Forno and more.
- The American Adventure – Patriotic flair meets pastry magic at Epcot, where gingerbread renditions of the U.S. Capitol, Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument (topped with golden Mickey ears!) are on display
- Amorette’s Patisserie – This sophisticated pastry shop at Disney Springs dresses up its front window with a miniature gingerbread replica of itself – right down to the gingerbread trees!
- The Haunted Mansion – Disneyland Resort turns to Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” to create a wonderfully spooky gingerbread display inside this classic attraction. A giant spider with glowing eyes hangs over the Grand Hall Table. It also attempts to pry the edible gingerbread mansion from its foundation as gingerbread zombies watch in amazement.
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa – Disney artists, engineers and bakers teamed up on a gingerbread house that adds to the resort hotel’s festive lobby. This grandly Californian gingerbread house is also on display all season long. Furthermore, it is created with over 600 pounds of gingerbread and adorned with Hidden Mickeys.
Outside The Parks
- Disney Cruise Line – Aboard the four Disney Cruise Line ships, the chef competition is on! Bakery teams accept the challenge to create their own individual gingerbread houses. Each house is also on display throughout the holiday season in the atrium lobby of each ship. They all feature more than 600 pounds of gingerbread dough, 200-plus pounds of sugar and 5,000 gingerbread bricks. These amazing displays take weeks to conceptualize and construct.
- Aulani – A Disney Resort & Spa in Hawaii gets its gingerbread on with “A Kakamora Holiday.” This festive display includes a chocolate tree, a Moana-inspired gingerbread hut, chocolate sleigh and merrymaking Kakamoras celebrating with a tropical twist.
Ready to experience Disney for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2018 and 2019 packages available. Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at email@example.com or follow me on Facebook!