5 of Our Favorite Tours at Walt Disney World
If you’re planning a visit to Walt Disney World and looking to do something slightly off the beaten path, Disney’s incredible line-up of guided tours are just the ticket! There’s a broad range of options available from family friendly to all day options covering a wide range of topics including animals, attractions, horticulture and geography! To give you a taste of some of the incredible tours conducted by Disney’s magnificent Cast Members here are a handful of our favorites.
1. Disney’s Family Magic Kingdom Tour – Magic Kingdom- We here at MickeyBlog think that this family-friendly scavenger hunt is one of Disney’s hidden gems. The tour is ideally suited for kids between the ages of 4 and 10 but adults will also love lending a helping hand. The tour covers the length and breadth of the Magic Kingdom over two fun-filled hours. Participants are tasked with solving riddles and searching for clues to solve a Peter Pan-themed mystery. The tour features a few special treats (attractions and character meet and greets.) It departs from the Town Square Theater as soon as you enter the park. The cost is $39 per tour making it one of the most affordable options on our list.
2. World Showcase: DestiNations Discovered-Epcot- Every time my family visits Epcot we always leave regretting that we didn’t have more times to explore all of the nooks and crannies of the countries that make up the World Showcase. With this 5-hour tour, you can explore all that these 11 incredible pavilions have to offer. DestiNations Discovered will give you the opportunity to go behind the scenes at several of the Pavilions where you’ll be in awe at the attention to detail that brought these wonderful lands to life! The cost of the tour is $109 and includes a Pub Lunch at the Rose and Crown Dining Room in the UK Pavilion. Because of the length of the tour is is preferred that guests be 16 or older. The tour departs at 8:15 in the morning from Fountain View in Future World.
3. Savor the Savanna: Evening Safari Experience-Animal Kingdom- We here at MickeyBlog think this tour just screams “Date Night!” The Savor the Savanna tour runs twice during the evenings around 4:30 and 5:30pm and kicks off with a private safari. Guests get to experience the Haramable Wildlife Reserve in this private guided tour where you’ll see an amazing array of different species. Once the safari is complete, visitors will be escorted to a private reception area with savanna views where you can feast on African-themed tapas. A wine and beer selection is also available. The cost for this evening experience is $169 per person and is suitable for teens, tweens and adults.
4. Star Wars Guided Tour – Hollywood Studios – This tour is the ultimate experience for Star Wars fans of all ages. You’ll be given the VIP treatment as you enjoy a special screening of Star Wars: Path of the Jedi, witness two live stage shows Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away and March of the First Order from a reserved viewing area. Young attendees can enroll in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple and guests get front-of-the-line access to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue. Another highlight includes the chance to meet Chewbacca and Kylo Ren. The cost for this out-of-this-world experience is $92.95. The cost includes a delicious Star Wars-themed meal at Backlot Express.
5. Wonders of the Lodge: Art and Architecture Tour (Disney’s Wilderness Lodge) – A lot of guests don’t realize this but several of Disney’s Deluxe Resorts offer guided tours providing visitors with some incredible insights into these magnificent properties. One of our favorites is this architectural tour offered Wednesdays thru Saturdays at 9:00 am. FREE to all guests this one-hour walkthrough departs from the lobby and takes visitors through the incredible attention to detail that went into creating this rustic retreat. Guests will learn about folk art, some of the artifacts housed here and the pain-staking craftsmanship involved in creating objects like the giant stone fireplace and towering totem poles.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this overview of some of the incredible tours you can find at Walt Disney World. We’re positive that any of them would make the perfect accompaniment to your Disney World stay. For those wanting to incorporate fantastic touches like these into your Walt Disney World plans, why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. At MickeyTravels, were filled with fun ideas to enhance your visit. FIll out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to do everything from helping you to find your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks like the ones outlined above. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. To find out more get in touch at1.800.801.4025, mroden@ or follow along on Facebook.
Image credit Disney.