6 Reasons Why We Can’t Wait for the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays
When it comes to spending the holidays at Walt Disney World, the celebrations over at Magic Kingdom tend to steal all of the limelight. However, one of our favorite places to be during a winter visit to the theme parks is the Festival of the Holidays at Epcot. This year’s yuletide-themed fest will take place from November 18 – December 30, 2018. During this time, the World Showcase comes to life with the spirit of the holiday season. To give you just a taste of the Christmas magic that awaits visitors lucky enough to be at Epcot in the lead-in to Christmas, here a handful of the reasons why thing the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays is not to be missed.
1. Holiday Storytellers – Each of the 11 incredible countries that make up the World Showcase will have its own special theme during the holiday season. This is a great way to learn about the heritage and traditions celebrated around the World. There will be holiday storytellers at each country offering a fun, engaging and educational performances that are sure to warm your heart! Each of these offerings is distinctly different so take time to catch as many as you can.
2. JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season – Though most of the Festival of the Holidays action takes place in the World Showcase you’ll definitely want to pop by Future World for a big dose of holiday cheer! With performances throughout the day, JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season shares the joy of Christmas and Kwanzaa with an eclectic mix of Gospel, R&B and popular holiday songs. This concert by the incredible ‘Joyful’ vocal ensemble is sure to get you moving.
3. Holiday Kitchens – Guests visiting during the Festival of the Holidays can fill up on an amazing array of holiday treats at the food booths in the Holiday Marketplace. Some of our favorite options include the classic Turkey Dinner at the American Pavilion, Pastelon (Sofrito marinated beef, sweet plantains and olives) at Feast of the Three Kings, a traditional Egg Cream at the all-new L’Chaim booth and Pecan Maple Bark at the Canadian Pavilion popcorn cart. You can also expect a wide range of wines and Christmas cocktails and lots of cookies. For a full list of the Holiday Kitchen menus check out this article.
4. Candlelight Processional – It wouldn’t be a holiday visit to Disney World without attending one of Epcot’s amazing Candlelight Processional concerts. You’ll be blown away by this retelling of the first Christmas Story. The concerts feature a massive choir, orchestra and a rotating cast of celebrity narrators. This year’s readers include Helen Hunt, Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg and Pat Sajak just to name a few. With the Candlelight Processional Dining Package guests can also pair a performance with a meal at one of Epcot’s fantastic eateries and enjoy VIP seating!
5. Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree – Families can play together with this special scavenger hunt! Visitors join Chip & Dale who are on hunt collecting ornaments for their Christmas tree. To get the adventure started, guests can purchase a map and sticker set from select locations including Pin Central, Disney Traders and World Traveler at the International Gateway. Once you’ve completed the hunt you can take your completed map to any of the merchants above and exchange it for a seasonal treat. The cost to participate is $6.99 plus tax.
6. Illuminations: Reflections of Earth – Round out your holiday Epcot’s visit with this dazzling nighttime fireworks show featuring a special holiday ending. Its perfect for reminding you of the true reason for the season and is bound to bring a tear to your eye!
This is merely a taste of the amazing seasonal touches you’ll find at Epcot during this year’s Festival of the Holidays. To check out this incredible event for yourself fill out our form below to receive your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not considering booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect Stateroom to helping you find your perfect port adventure. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.