5 Fun Facts About Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland
Ahoy landlubbers! If you’re planning a visit to Disneyland resort then Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean is a worthy addition to your must-do list. Since opening in 1967, this much-loved attraction has taken millions of visitors and a swashbuckling adventure. It is a feat of Disney Imagineering and to this day still continues to wow guests with its clever details, impressive animatronics and captivating storylines. It even inspired The Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise.
As a matter of fact, we love this attraction so much that we thought we’d share with you five awesome facts about this classic Disneyland ride.
1. The ride actually comes in at a lengthy 15 minutes. This makes it one of the longest attractions at Disneyland Resort and is the perfect way to cool off when afternoon temperatures start to soar!
2. Approximately 120 animated characters (including 9 different types of animated animals) appear in the ride using Audio-Animatronic technology.
3. For Pirates of the Caribbean film buffs, the Aztec pirate chest used in “The Curse of the Black Pearl” appears in the Treasure Room as the last thing riders see in the scene!
4. The inspiration for the architecture of the ride came from the Cabildo building in Jackson Square in New Orleans. This building served as the seat of the Spanish colonial government in 1799 and is where the Louisiana Purchase was signed in 1803.
5. As you enter the ride, you encounter the Jolly Roger skull and crossbones, who just might have a thing or two to say. The voice you hear is actually that of Imagineer X Atencio who wrote the catchy tune “Yo-Ho” (A Pirate’s Life for Me). Trust us, you’ll be signing it for the rest of the day!3
So be sure to head on over to New Orleans Square during your next Disneyland visit and journey out to sea on a Pirate-themed adventure that you won’t soon forget!
Considering a trip to Disneyland? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2019. Fill out our form below and a MickeyTravels agent will get back to you with your FREE, no obligation quote.
Image credit: Disney.