Everything You Need to Know About Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
From an early age, through watching countless Disney films, it is embedded in little girls’ mind to aspire to become a princess. I remember spending hours watching Jasmine, Belle, Ariel, Cinderella, and Mulan in their films while also trying to imitate them; my favorite princesses. (Including Tiana as well, but she wasn’t in existence yet.) They were beautiful from head to toe, charismatic, independent, had long gorgeous hair and could sing gracefully. Who wouldn’t want to be like that? No wonder their princes’ fell in love with them instantly, minus Mulan, Tiana and Belle; but that’s entirely different story. The closest I ever came to becoming a princess was dressing up as one each year on Halloween.
What is Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?
On April 17,2009, Disney opened Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, which is a salon where young girls can receive a makeover and become transformed into a Disney princess with the help of their fairy godmother in training. Any true Disney fan knows that the name was introduced in Cinderella, when her fairy godmother sang this song to her while magically transforming her rags into a beautiful dress. With this boutique, girls no longer have to wait to be their favorite princess on Halloween or when visiting Disney parks. Instead, this is better, they receive full royalty treatment. All girls are princesses regardless of their age, however, with Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique the girls must be between the ages of three and twelve.
How can she become a princess?
Whether you’re her mother, aunt, or even grandmother; Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique allows you to book reservations for the princess’s makeover 180 days in advanced. This may seem a little far out, but with the popularity of the boutique, it’s recommended to book your day as soon as possible. It fills quickly. There is a range of packages to choose from, depending on your price range:
- The Crown Package: includes choice of hairstyle (fairy tale princess, Disney diva or pop princess), shimmery makeup, face gem, nail polish, as well as princess stash and tote. ($64.95)
- The Courtyard Package: includes choice of hairstyle (fairy tale princess, Disney diva or pop princess), shimmery makeup, face gem, nail polish, Bibbidi Bobbidi T-shirt, trendy tutu, as well as princess stash and tote. ($109.95)
- The Castle Package: includes choice of hairstyle (fairy tale princess, Disney Diva or pop princess), shimmery makeup, face gem, nail polish, complete costume of choice plus accessories (princess gown, wand, and crown), one 6×8 inch photo, two 4x 6 inch photos in princess photo themed photo folder, as well as princess stash and tote. ($199.95)
- The Princess Signature Dress Collection: includes choice of hairstyle (fairy tale princess, Disney diva or pop princess), shimmery makeup, face gem, Disney princess gown, crystal tiara, garment bag, satin hanger, nail polish, as well as princess stash and tote. ($450.00)
- The Frozen Package: includes an Ana or Elsa hairstyle with hair piece and accessories, shimmery makeup, face gems, 12 inch Olaf push toy, nail polish, as well as princess stash and tote. ($164.95)
- The Frozen Crown Package: includes Ana or Elsa hairstyle with accessories, shimmery makeup, face gems, nail polish, as well as a 12-inch Olaf push toy. ($114.95)
- The Knight Package: There is also a package for little boys to be turned into princes, which includes a hairstyle with gel and confetti, as well as a sword and shield. ($19.95)
- The Deluxe Knight Package: Includes a prince costume, a hairstyle with gel and confetti, as well as a sword and shield. ($79.95)
Can I purchase photos if they are not included with my package?
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is magical experiences for little girls, whom will cherish this forever, so of course you want pictures of this momentous day and her moment. For an additional price, you can purchase a photo package, which includes the digital images, which will be uploaded to your Photo pass. In the photos, there will be custom backgrounds and props included. These photographers will also photograph the entire makeover experience, making it less of a hassle for you to remember to take a picture of everything.
Where is Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?
Originally the salon opened in the Princess Room at World of Disney Store, but since then the boutique has closed, however, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has expanded across different locations, which includes; Disneyland, The Disney Cruise Line, Disney Springs and Cinderella’s Castle at Magic Kingdom. With Cinderella’s Castle, theme park admission is required, which can be inconvenient and takes away from your day at Disney, which is what makes the Disney Springs location great, as well as free parking. As a store grows, it allows for more opportunities with their customers and this is no different with Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. As the salon has expanded over the last eight years, more girls all over the globe are able to experience the transformation into becoming their favorite royal princess, not just in Orlando anymore.
Special thanks to Lindsey Johnson for writing this article: Passionate, Creative, and Fantasy; these are three perfect words to describe the essence of why I love Disney. Disney allows me to escape my reality, and enter into different worlds through artistic stories beyond my wildest imagination.