9 Fantastic Ways to Kick Up Your Heels and Relax at Disneyland Theme Park
When most people think about a trip to Disneyland theme parks there is a lot of hustle and bustle involved. However, it’s important to remember when visiting the most magical place on earth that downtime is also a crucial part of any vacation. Luckily Disneyland theme park can be the perfect place to kick back and relax! If you’re looking for a time out from all the thrill rides here are 9 options that are sure to please!
1. Disneyland Railroad – When its time to rest those weary feet, our go-to option is Disneyland Railroad. Experience the theme park just like Walt loved to do on an authentic steam-powered train. The track is over a mile long and the complete route takes about 20-minutes. You’ll love the sights and sounds along the way!
2. Mark Twain Riverboat – (pictured top) – Enjoy a 1/2 mile journey into the worlds of old America on this 19th century-inspired Riverboat ride. You’ll love the details peppered along the river’s edge as you sit back, relax and enjoy your journey.
3. Star Wars Launch Bay – Get out of the Anaheim heat and explore a Galaxy Far, Far Away with the immersive exhibits, character interactions and more at Launch Bay. Visitors can also kick back and relax during the 10-minute short film that celebrates the Star Wars saga held throughout the day at the Launch Bay Theater. While you are there be sure to line up to meet Kylo Ren!
4. People Watch – One of the simplest pleasures you’ll find at Disney is curling up on one of the park benches found throughout Disneyland. From the hustle and bustle of Main Street to the splendour of New Orleans Square find a shady spot and watch the world go by!
5. Bengal Barbecue – This Adventureland Quick Service eatery is a hit with the regulars and it’s easy to understand why. Enjoy a tasty array of barbecue dishes including the seasonal favorite the Musubi special. The restaurant also recently added air-conditioned seating. There will also be even more opportunity to relax and unwind here when Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room and The Tropical Hideaway open!
6. Tomorrowland Theater – If you’re a fan of Pixar’s short films then we have the perfect place for you to take a break! Head over to the Tomorrowland Theater where you’ll find the Pixar Shorts Film Festival which runs throughout the day! Its the perfect way to relax and recharge those batteries while taking in Disney animation magic at it’s best.
7. Starbucks – If you’re a coffee lover than trust us when we say that there is nothing more relaxing than sauntering through the park with a latte in hand. Not only does a coffee serve as the perfect mid-afternoon pick-me-up but the Starbuck’s location on Main Street also provides the perfect space to unwind a bit before heading to your next Fastpass!
8. Main Street Opera House- This iconic Main Street U.S.A building houses some fantastic Disney memorabilia and is also home to The Disneyland Story presenting the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Step into the air-conditioning and check out one of both of these offerings. It’s a wonderful laid back way to pass the time.
9. Mickey and the Magical Map – Head over to the open-air theatre in Fantasyland to check out this incredible Broadway-caliber stage show feature Mickey and friends as they take you through the key scenes of some of your favorite Disney films.
These are just a handful of the fantastic ways that you can escape the hustle and bustle during your Disneyland visit. Be sure to give a few of these options a try when you’re looking for a bit of downtime!
Thinking about a visit to Disneyland? There are still great 2018 packages available and vacations are currently available to book through until the end of 2019. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE, no obligation quote with MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining reservations and sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disneyland. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.