Your Guide To Disney Military Rates
Disney has a longstanding history of honoring those who served or continue to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces along with their families. Both Walt and Roy served their country during World War I. One of the many ways Disney supports members of the military is by offering discounts to Disney theme park tickets, resort rooms, Disney Cruise Line, and more. As a Travel Agent, I have a lot of clients that don’t know about Disney Military Rates or aren’t exactly sure how they work. With that in mind, here’s a quick breakdown to keep you in the know.
Military Rates on Theme Park Tickets
Military Salute Tickets are available for select travel dates in 2023 at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. You can get them by visiting a participating U.S. military base ticket office. In addition, you can get tickets in person or via email via Shades of Green, an Armed Forces Recreation Resort Center located right in Disney World.
You can find out more here:
Please Note: Tickets must be activated once you arrive at Walt Disney World so be sure to pop by Guest Relations and show your valid military ID to activate your tickets.
Did You Know? – You can add your Military Discount tickets to your My Disney Experience Mobile App. Military theme park tickets come in a variety of different formats but adding them to the app is easy. Simply use your ticket card or paper exchange certificate by putting the ticket numbers directly into My Disney Experience for each guest. There’s also a barcode scanner in the app that you can use to make the process easier.
Quick Tip: Won’t be going to your theme parks on check-in day? Then use some of your spare time to activate your tickets. A great place to do this is Guest Services at Disney Springs where you can combine it with some shopping or a meal! You’ll find Guest Services next to D-Luxe Burger in Town Center.
Military Discounts at Select Disney Resort Hotels
Disney offers discounted resort stays for select nights in select rooms at Disney Resort hotels at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa. Current Military Resort discounts are as follows:
- Walt Disney World – Members of the U.S. military can enjoy great rates at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels for stays on most nights from January 1, 2023 – December 15, 2023. You can find details here.
- Disneyland – Enjoy great rates on select rooms at Disneyland Resort Hotels in 2023. You can find offer details here.
- Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa – Eligible members of the U.S. Military can save up to 30% on select rooms this Fall. Offer details can be found here.
Finding Your Perfect Resort
Ready to book your Walt Disney World Resort stay? Reach out to the team at MickeyTravels or fill out my form below!
Quick Tip: Military rates are limited in availability so it pays to go into the process with flexible dates and resort options.
Booking a Military Stay at Shades of Green
Eligible military families opting for a stay at Walt Disney World also have the option of booking a stay at Shades of Green Resort. This property is owned and operated by the Department of the Army and is nestled right in the heart of the magic. Active service members, veterans and their families get exclusive access to this hidden gem of a Disney resort.
Find out more about Shades of Green here.
Quick Tip: If you’re dropping by Shades of Green don’t miss a visit to their on-site AAFES for tax-free shopping. Here you’ll find snacks, toiletries and also Disney souvenirs including magnets and autograph books.
Special Military Rates With Disney Cruise Line
Disney also salutes military service on the high seas with specialty military rates on cruises (subject to availability.) Get ready to embark on the adventure of a lifetime aboard a Disney Cruise ship brimming with fabulous activities and entertainment for the whole family to enjoy!
Currently, Disney Cruise Line is offering reduced Military Rates for the following sailings:
- December 2, 2023: 7-Night Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral – Disney Fantasy – Category 7A starting at $208 per person per night (not including taxes, fees and port expenses.)
- December 22, 2023: 2-Night Disney Magic at Sea from Brisbane ending in Sydney – Disney Magic – Category 11B starting at $184 per person per night (not including taxes, fees and port expenses.)
- January 27, 2024: 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral With a Pixar Day at Sea – Disney Fantasy – Category 7A starting at $205 per person per night (not including taxes, fees and port expenses.)
- February 4, 2024 – 5-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans – Disney Magic – Category 9C – Starting at $161 per person per night (not including taxes, fees and port expenses.)
- February 9, 2025 – 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans – Disney Magic – Category 11B – Start at $163 per person per night (not including taxes, fees and port expenses.)
- February 24, 2024 – 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral with a Pixar Day at Sea – Disney Fantasy – Category 7A starting at $205 per person per night (not including taxes, fees and port expenses.)
- March 2, 2024 – 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral with a Pixar Day at Sea – Disney Fantasy – Category 7A starting at $239 per person per night (not including taxes, fees and port expenses.)
Visit https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-rates/ to learn more.
U.S. Armed Forces Events with Disney on Broadway
Did you know that U.S. Armed Forces can also enjoy discounted rates at the hottest shows on Broadway including “The Lion King” and “Aladdin!?” Both musicals offer signature events with special rates and benefits. To learn more visit-: www.DisneyTheatricalSales.com/Military.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Walt Disney World news and updates. We’ll be coming to you LIVE! from the theme parks each and every week.
Have you heard the news? MickeyTravels just earned the incredible distinction of being a Diamond Earmarked Agency!
Whether it’s a visit to the theme parks, a Disney cruise, a stay at Aulani in Hawaii or the trip of a lifetime with Adventures by Disney, I can’t wait help you plan your vacation utilizing all of our incredible concierge-level services. This includes discount monitoring, itinerary planning, flexible booking and so much more. Best of all my services are 100% FREE!