Everything You Need To Know About Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
If you’ve been following along with MickeyBlog you’ll know that Magic Kingdom’s annual Halloween event, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is back whether you’re going this year or curious about future visits, we thought we’d give you a brief rundown of everything you need to know about this awesome event.
What is Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a family-friendly special ticketed event that runs on select nights through November 1, 2023. The event takes place after Magic Kingdom has closed to the general public. During the event, guests can participate in special seasonal activities including trick-or-treating, and special character encounters, and enjoy special eats and treats. There’s also a spooktacular array of Halloween-inspired entertainment.
Let’s take a closer look at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party offerings.
Eerie Entertainment During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
The exclusive entertainment offerings during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party include:
- Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular – Takes place at 10:15 p.m. on party nights in the skies above Cinderella Castle.
- Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Parade – Your favorite Disney characters as well as some grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize during this frightfully delightful parade. It takes place twice on party nights at 9:15 p.m. and 11:15 p.m. The parade starts at Frontierland and ends on Main Street USA.
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular- The Sanderson Sisters take to the stage to stir up a cauldron full of villainy. This all-singing, all-dancing performance features some of Disney’s most nefarious baddies and takes place on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage at the following times:
- September – 8:45 p.m., 10:45 p.m and 12:15 p.m.
- October and November – 7:40 p.m., 8:35 p.m., 10:45 p.m., 12:00 a.m.
- Cadaver Dans – This Dapper-Dans-style quartet will be bringing a bone-rattling bevy of tunes to Frontierland. Performances take place at 7:00 p.m., 7:45 p.m., 8:30 p.m., 9:45 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- Disney Junior Jam – Head over to Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland and dance the night away with some of your favorite Disney Junior pals. The party kicks off at 7:00 p.m. and runs through 12:00 a.m.
- Zom-Beatz Bash – Head over to Tomorrowland for this DJ dance party with pounding bass, flashing lights, Disney characters, and more! The party runs from 7:00 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Rusty Cutlass – Tap your toes to some swashbuckling sea shanties with Rusty Cutlass and Co in Adventureland. Performances take place at 7:45, 8:45, 9:45 and 10:45 p.m.
Character Appearances During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
On party nights, special characters come out to mingle with guests. This may be your only chance to strike a pose with some of these beloved Disney pals so get ready to queue up and have your cameras at the ready. Characters making an appearance during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party include:
- Mickey Mouse – Main Street U.S.A
- Jack Skellington & Sally – Main Street U.S.A.
- Elvis Stitch – Tomorrowland
- Anastasia and Drizella (Evil Stepsisters) – Fantasyland
- Alice, Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Queen of Hearts – Fantasyland
- Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet – Fantasyland
- Belle – Fantasyland
- Donald, Minnie and Daisy- Fantasyland
- Goofy – Fantasyland
- Ariel and Prince Eric – Fantasyland
- Seven Dwarfs – Fantasyland (Storybook Circus)
- Aladdin, Abu, Jasmine and Genie – Adventureland
- Jafar – Adventureland
- Captain Jack Sparrow – Adventureland
- Country Bears: Liver Lips, Shaker, Wendell, and Big Al – Frontierland
Trick or Treating During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Have those candy bags at the ready, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will be handing out delectable treats (included in your ticket price) at the following locations.
- Tortuga Tavern
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Tom Sawyer Island Docks
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Colombia Harbour House
- Mickey’s Philharmagic
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Ariel’s Grotto
- Gaston’s Tavern
- Fantasyland Train Station
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
- TRON Lightcycle/Run
Need allergy-friendly treats? Speak to a cast member who will give you a teal-colored trick-or-treat bag. Then at each trick-or-treat station you’ll get a teal token. Once you’ve collected all of your tokens, head to one of the two allergy-friendly centers:
- Chamber of Commerce – Main Street USA
- Liberty Square Ticket Office – Liberty Square
Halloween – Inspired Eats
During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party food and beverage locations throughout Magic Kingdom Park will be brewing up some Halloween-inspired offerings that are sure to put a spell. For a full list of goodies, you can check out our complete list of eats and treats here.
Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party
Enhance your Halloween Party with this extra add-on which includes a bewitching buffet of swoon-worthy sweets and sips at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. Then guests can enjoy awe-inspiring views of Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular fireworks show.
There are two price points for the dessert party:
- Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing (standing room) $99 for adults and $59 for children (ages 3-9.)
- Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party with Seating at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant $114 for adults and $69 for children (ages 3-9.)
Reservations for Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party can be made via the My Disney Experience app or on www.disneyworld.com.
Attractions Open During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
A huge benefit of attending Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is the chance to enjoy some of your favorite Disney attractions with little to no wait times. The rides that you typically find open on party nights are as follows:
- Jungle Cruise
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Haunted Mansion
- “It’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Prince Charming Regal Carousel
- Mad Tea Party – Halloween Twist!
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- The Barnstormer
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor – Halloween Twist
- Space Mountain – Halloween Twist
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- TRON Lightcycle/Run
Exclusive Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Merchandise
Be sure to bring some spending money. Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Attendees have access to a whole line of exclusive merchandise that you can get only on party nights. This includes:
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Collection
- Trading Pins
- Annual Passholder Exclusive Items
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular Collection
- Trading Items
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Quick Tips
- No Magic Kingdom Ticket Required – Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party Ticket Holders are not required to have an extra Magic Kingdom theme park ticket to gain access to the park. Rather, you can save yourself some money by using your party ticket to enter the theme park as early as 4pm. That’s three hours of fun before the party even starts!
- My Disney Experience App is a Great Party Resource – Be sure to have the My Disney Experience app downloaded onto your phone! Not only will you find a complete event guide but also insider tips for enjoying the party with small kids or night owls!
- Dress the Part – Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is the one time that guests are encouraged to wear costumes to the park. Be sure to scope out the official costume guidelines at disneyworld.com!
- Say Boo! – Throughout the park, you’ll find a fun area of spooktacular photo ops. This includes special Magic Shots and Halloween Props! So be sure to take time to strike a pose or two with Disney’s incredible Photopass photographers.
Dates and Pricing
- September 4, 2023 – SOLD OUT
- September 8, 2023 – SOLD OUT
- September 10, 2023 – SOLD OUT
- September 12, 2023 – SOLD OUT
- September 15, 2023 – SOLD OUT
- September 17, 2023 – SOLD OUT
- September 19, 2023 – Adults $149 Kids (ages 3-9) $139
- September 22, 2023 – SOLD OUT
- September 24, 2023 – SOLD OUT
- September 26, 2023 – Adults $149 Kids (ages 3-9) $139
- September 28, 2023 – Adults $149 Kids (ages 3-9) $139
- September 29, 2023 – Adults $149 Kids (ages 3-9) $139
- October 1, 2023 – Adults $149 Kids (ages 3-9) $139
- October 3, 2023 – Adults $169 Kids (ages 3-9) $159
- October 5, 2023 – Adults $169 Kids (ages 3-9) $159
- October 6, 2023 – Adults $189 Kids (ages 3-9) $179
- October 9, 2023 – Adults $169 Kids (ages 3-9) $159
- October 10, 2023 – Adults $169 Kids (ages 3-9) $159
- October 12, 2023 – SOLD OUT
- October 13, 2023 – Adults $189 Kids (ages 3-9) $179
- October 15, 2023 – Adults $169 Kids (ages 3-9) $159
- October 17, 2023 – Adults $169 Kids (ages 3-9) $159
- October 19, 2023 – Adults $169 Kids (ages 3-9) $159
- October 20, 2023 – Adults $189 Kids (ages 3-9) $179
- October 22, 2023 – Adults $169 Kids (ages 3-9) $159
- October 24, 2023 – Adults $169 Kids (ages 3-9) $159
- October 26, 2023 – Adults $169 Kids (ages 3-9) $159
- October 27, 2023 – Adults $189 Kids (ages 3-9) $179
- October 29, 2023 – Adults $199 Kids (ages 3-9) $189
- October 31, 2023 – SOLD OUT
- November 1, 2023 – Adults $199 Kids (ages 3-9) $189
Disney has created a special pocket guide going over all of the helpful info we shared above. You can download it here – 2023 Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Pocket Guide.
Have you heard the news? MickeyTravels just earned the incredible distinction of being a Diamond Earmarked Agency!
Whether its a visit to the theme parks, a Disney cruise, a stay at Aulani in Hawaii or the trip of a lifetime with Adventures by Disney, I can’t wait help you plan your vacation utilizing all of our incredible concierge-level services. This includes discount monitoring, itinerary planning, flexible booking and so much more. Best of all my services are 100% FREE!