Get Ready for Walt Disney World’s 4th of July Celebration
Walt Disney World is pulling out all of the stops this 4th of July and will be celebrating America’s birthday with fireworks, food, and incredible entertainment. Get ready for exciting fanfare, star-spangled spectaculars, and time-honored traditions across Walt Disney World this Independence Day.
Here’s a rundown of some of the special ways visitors can celebrate July 4th at the “Most Magical Place on Earth.”
Patriotic Nighttime Spectaculars Light Up the Skies
For this year’s 4th of July Celebration, both Magic Kingdom and EPCOT will be celebrating with a bang! Here are a few of the not-to-be-missed experiences that will be on offer:
Magic Kingdom Park – Park Hours: July 3, 8 a.m.-12 midnight.; July 4, 8 a.m.-1 a.m.
- “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” – This nighttime spectacular features booming fireworks orchestrated to patriotic melodies. Shows will take place July 3 and July 4 at 9:20 p.m.
- LIVE DJs Throughout the Park – In addition, guests can also dance the night away with DJs mixing tunes at various locations throughout the Magic Kingdom.
EPCOT – Park Hours: July 4, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- “EPCOT Forever”- This limited-time spectacle of fireworks, lasers, lighting and special effects, will include a special patriotic Fourth of July grand finale – “Heartbeat of Freedom.” The show will take place at 9 p.m.
- Voices of Liberty – The American Adventure a cappella vocal group will perform patriotic numbers from the American songbook. Look for them throughout 4th of July weekend beneath the rotunda in The American Adventure.
- Meet Your Favorite Disney Friends in Their Patriotic Costumes – Some of your favorite Disney pals will don their “Spirit of ’76” attire and meet with guests throughout the day. Be on the lookout for Mickey, Goofy, and the rest of the gang at The American Adventure.
Celebrating the 4th of July at Disney Resort Hotels
The 4th of July Celebrations don’t stop when you leave the theme parks! Disney Resort hotels will also be offering special ways to celebrate with an array of patriotic events and activities. This includes campfire cookouts at Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Movies Under the Stars at numerous properties, poolside soirees, and more!
Resort guests staying at a Seven Seas Lagoon or Bay Lake resort can even end their day with a viewing of the Electric Water Pageant complete with a patriotic grand finale featuring the American flag, stars, sparkling lights, and more! Check the resort activity calendar for a special rundown of 4th of July activities at your resort!
Food That Is Worth a Salute
In the lead-in to 4th of July, Walt Disney World guests can celebrate with patriotic bites and sips in honor of the nation’s birthday. Special treats returning this year include:
- Fourth of July Liege Waffle – Connections Cafe – Available on July 4th ONLY, Connections’ popular Liege Waffles get a patriotic twist with red, white, and blue sprinkles and a blue chocolate Mickey Mouse topper with white pearls.
- Fourth of July Fruit Tart – Contempo Cafe – A blackberry custard topped with fresh berries and a vanilla panna cotta popsicle (Available June 27th – July 4th)
Be on the lookout for other tantalizing 4th of July treats at all four theme parks, Disney Springs, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and resort hotels.
Celebrate the 4th of July Every Day
Can’t make it to Disney World for this year’s 4th of July Celebration? Don’t worry, there are ways you can celebrate all year round. Here’s a quick look at some of the Disney World Experiences that pay tribute to our country’s history:
- Main Street U.S.A – Inspired by Walt Disney’s childhood home of Marceline, Missouri, you’ll step back in time to a quintessential American town at the turn of the century. Main Street is known for its colorful Victorian architecture, the Dapper Dans barbershop quartet, horse-drawn carriages, and the Main Street Philharmonic Band!
- Flag Retreat Ceremony – Since Magic Kingdom first opened in 1971, Magic Kingdom holds the Flag Retreat Ceremony which is a way to retire the American flag each night. U.S. Veterans are usually selected to participate in the ceremony as a way to honor their service and sacrifice.
- Liberty Square -This Magic Kingdom neighborhood is set in the Revolutionary War Era and pays tribute to daily life in the original 13 colonies. Be sure to check out the replica of the Liberty Bell, meet the 45 presidents in Hall of Presidents and walk along the Rivers of America from Liberty Square to Frontierland.
- The American Adventure – Located in World Showcase at EPCOT, this production includes 35 Audio-Animatronic figures that take us through pivotal moments in the country’s history.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with us here at MickeyBlog for more Disney-related 4th of July news and updates.
Have you heard the news? MickeyTravels just earned the incredible distinction of being a Diamond Earmarked Agency!
Whether it’s a visit to the theme parks, a Disney cruise, a stay at Aulani in Hawaii, or the trip of a lifetime with Adventures by Disney, I can’t wait to help you plan your vacation utilizing all of our incredible concierge-level services. This includes discount monitoring, itinerary planning, flexible booking, and more. Best of all my services are 100% FREE!