Yum! Celebrate National Cookie Day with this Delicious Alfajores Recipe!
Woo-hoo! It is National Cookie Day and it is the perfect day to celebrate, eat, and bake some delicious cookies!
But what could possibly make this day even better? How about baking some delicious, mouth-watering Disney cookies?
If you are a sweet seeker and Disney cookie-lover, read on! Disney Eats just shared a surprise sweet treat you are going to love!
Alfajores at Nochebuena Cocina Holiday Kitchen
The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth is happening now and features plenty of amazing holiday kitchens and cookie treats! But lucky for us the chefs shared the recipe for Alfajores at the all-new Nochebuena Cocina Holiday Kitchen and you are going to love it.
Alfajores are a fan-fave treat at the cookie stroll and just one bite into this light vanilla shortbread sandwich cookie and you can see why. The treat is filled with dulce de leche and rolled in crispy coconut. A perfectly sweet combo!
The cookie seamlessly blends the vanilla shortbread with the dulce de leche for a great flavor. And even better? This is a no-stress recipe! The Alfajores are easy to bake.
Check out the below recipe from the Disney Eats Cooking up the Magic series.
ALFAJORES (VANILLA SHORTBREAD COOKIES)- EPCOT
COOKIES (Bakes 6-8 cookie)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can Dulce de Leche
- 12-16 cookies
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Combine all-purpose flour and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla and mix on medium speed, scraping sides occasionally, until fully incorporated.
- Add reserved flour mixture and beat on low speed until dry dough starts to come together. Remove from bowl and knead of floured surface until dough is soft.
- Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into 2 1/2-inch circles. Place on prepared baking pan, leaving 2-inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- Pour dulce de leche into a piping bag.
- Place half of the cookies, bottom side up, on a flat surface. Pipe dulce de leche onto each cookie. Top with remaining cookies.
- Coat sides of cookies with shredded coconut and dust tops with powdered sugar.
Cook’s Note: To enhance the flavor of the coconut, toast it in the oven. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 300ºF, stirring every 3 minutes, until golden brown.
More Holiday Cookies?
If you need more sweet treats and are visiting EPCOT, be sure to check out the Holiday Cookie Stroll.
Indulge in decadent and delicious cookies around World Showcase while immersing yourself in the holiday fun. Happy Holidays and Happy Cookie Day!