WDW Wait Times for Third Week of July 2022
We’re approaching the end of July, which means the busiest month on the annual calendar has nearly been completed.
How were the wait times at Walt Disney World this past week? You may be surprised.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
We can usually tell how the rest of Animal Kingdom’s wait times will be by examining Avatar Flight of Passage.
When the most popular park attraction’s crowds are lower, it has a propagating effect on everything else.
Frustratingly, the opposite is also true. If Avatar Flight of Passage’s wait time rises, the rest of Animal Kingdom will also likely require longer waits.
This week’s data represents something of a mixed bag. The pride of Pandora – The World of Avatar averaged a wait of 121 minutes, up three minutes.
Notably, the other ride there doesn’t finish second. Instead, it’s Kali River Rapids, one of the park’s most popular rides in July.
Last week, the wet ride averaged line time of 67 minutes, up nine minutes. Uh-oh.
Meanwhile, Na’vi River Journey actually dropped two minutes to 66 minutes.
Here are the other Animal Kingdom attractions with their respective waits:
- Adventurers Outpost – 50 minutes, up 4
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – 48 minutes, up 5
- DINOSAUR – 45 minutes, up 6
- Expedition Everest – 42 minutes, up 6
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug! – 12 minutes, no change
- TriceraTop Spin – 10 minutes, no change
Overall, Animal Kingdom obviously went up a tick. Park attractions averaged a wait of 50 minutes, up two minutes.
When Animal Kingdom averages 50 minutes, the other parks are probably mobbed.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Okay, let’s check on the most crowded Disney park these days.
As usual, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance led the pack with an average wait time of 137 minutes. That’s up 17 minutes. Yeah, it looks like a busy week at Walt Disney World.
Here are the details for the other attractions:
- Slinky Dog Dash – 110 minutes, up 21
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – 105 minutes, no change
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – 100 minutes, up 25
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – 90 minutes, up 22
- Toy Story Mania! – 75 minutes, no change
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – 65 minutes, down 1
- Red Carpet Dreams – 46 minutes, up 6
- Alien Swirling Saucers – 43 minutes, no change
- Meet Sulley at Walt Disney Presents… — 40 minutes, up 2
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue! – 35 minutes, up 10
- Celebrity Spotlight – 30 minutes, up 6
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy – 15 minutes, no change
- Muppet*Vision 3D – 10 minutes, no change
Overall, Hollywood Studios was pretty rough last week. When five attractions require waits of 90+ minutes, it’s not great.
The average wait time here was 57 minutes, which is an increase of four minutes from last week.
As a reminder, we’re still not tracking Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
So, that leaves us with three attractions at the top of the charts.
Before this summer, Frozen Ever After and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure had held down the top spots.
Lately, Test Track has joined them for a top three. During the past seven days, Frozen Ever After required the longest wait. Let’s call it 80 minutes, up five minutes.
Then, Test Track dropped four minutes to 73 minutes. Also, Ratatouille fell three minutes to 71 minutes. So, this park is basically a draw thus far.
Here are the other EPCOT wait times:
- Soarin’ – 57 minutes, down 2
- Mission: SPACE – 40 minutes, down 10
- Spaceship Earth – 29 minutes, up 5
- Turtle Talk with Crush – 22 minutes, no change
- Living with the Land – 20 minutes, no change
- Royal Sommerhus – 18 minutes, down 3
- Journey into Imagination with Figment – 17 minutes, down 8
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros – 15 minutes, up 5
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends – 14 minutes, no change
EPCOT attractions averaged a wait of 36 minutes, down two minutes from last time.
Okay, this should be interesting. Here are Magic Kingdom’s average waits:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – 95 minutes, up 10
- Peter Pan’s Flight – 85 minutes, up 15
- Splash Mountain – 75 minutes, up 7
- Town Square Theater – 70 minutes, up 5
- Jungle Cruise – 69 minutes, no change
- Space Mountain – 67 minutes, up 7
- Haunted Mansion – 55 minutes, up 6
- Pirates of the Caribbean – 51 minutes, up 8
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – 50 minutes, no change
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 48 minutes, up 4
- Princess Fairytale Hall – 47 minutes, up 2
- The Many Adventures of the Winnie the Pooh – 43 minutes, up 3
- Astro Orbiter – 42 minutes, up 1
- It’s a Small World – 40 minutes, up 9
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid – 36 minutes, up 3
- The Barnstormer – 33 minutes, up 8
- Tomorrowland Speedway – 30 minutes, down 4
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin – 29 minutes, up 1
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – 24 minutes, up 4
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – 22 minutes, up 9
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – 21 minutes, up 7
- Mad Tea Party – 20 minutes, up 4
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor – 17 minutes, no change
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – 16 minutes, up 4
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – 5 minutes, no change
- Country Bear Jamboree – 5 minutes, no change
Overall, Magic Kingdom attractions averaged a wait of 44 minutes, which is only two minutes up from the last time.
Still, a quick look at this data indicates that Walt Disney World was probably the most crowded this past week as it has been all summer/year.
We probably have three more weeks of wait times like this before schools reopen, leading to a drop in family vacations.
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! Want to go to Disney? For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below and one of the agents from MickeyTravels, a Platinum level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, will be in touch soon!
Feature Photo: Disney