RECIPE: Chocolate Chip Cookies Ghirardelli Style
We’ve got a delicious suggest for your weekend! Why not whip up a special treat for the whole family with a chocolate chip cookie recipe inspired by the delectable treats that you can get at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain at Disneyland Resort, Disney Springs and the Disney Studios Store.
Here’s everything you’ll need to get started:
- 11 1/2 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color.
- Add eggs and vanilla, one at a time. Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
You’ll definitely get the gold start for the weekend by whipping up these incredible treats. Also, make sure you stop- at Ghirardelli’s next time you’re at Disney theme parks. It is the go-to spot to get some delectable ice cream chocolate treats and more!
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Disney-related news and updates. We’ll be coming to you LIVE! from the theme parks each and every week.
Didn’t make it to Disney in 2021!? Well we’ve got some fantastic news- Disney Packages are currently available to book through the end of 2022! That gives you plenty of time to plan that magical getaway and I’m here to help.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!