Disney Confirms MagicBand+ Coming to Disney World This Summer, Announces Exciting Features
We take a break from today’s Star Wars Day programing to bring you some other exciting news: Disney has just confirmed that the all-new MagicBand+ is launching this Summer at Walt Disney World. In addition, they have also given us a preview of exciting features that Guests using the next generation of MagicBands will be able to access while in the Parks.
Designed to enhance Guests experience during Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary celebrations and beyond, some new features that the MagicBand+ will offer include:
- “Disney Fab 50 Quest”: Go on a scavenger hunt throughout the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks while using your MagicBand+ to interact with the golden character statues created just for “The World’s Most Magical Celebration”
- “Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters”: While exploring Black Spire Outpost in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Guests using the MagicBand+ will be able to discover several bounties. The MagicBand+ will alert users that they are on the right path by vibrating and lighting up along the way. Once the mission is complete, be the Guest to collect the most galactic credits from the local guild master in your group for extra bragging rights!
- It’s Alive!: Once you step inside your favorite Walt Disney World Theme Park, the Band will come alive will also kinds of changing lights, vibrations, and gesture recognition.
- Connects to Play Disney Parks: The MagicBand+ will connect to the Play Disney Parks app to take your theme park experience to a whole new level. With this feature, Guests can keep up with their “Disney Fab 50 Quest” finds, reveal their bounty collected in “Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters,” and more!
- A New Way to Experience Nighttime Spectaculars: Experience nighttime spectaculars such as”Harmonious” at EPCOT and “Enchantment” in the Magic Kingdom in a whole new light when the new MagicBand+ lights up to complement the lighted celebration in the sky!
Twitter user @AshleyLCarter1 just posted this new clip of the MagicBand+ in action. Check it out:
Getting a chance to try out the new MagicBand+, which launches at Disney World this summer. The device has all the same functions as MagicBand but the new version lights up and also interacts with the Fab 50 statues around the parks. pic.twitter.com/fhB5Fqgd1S
— Ashley Carter (@AshleyLCarter1) May 4, 2022
In addition to all that magic, the MagicBand+ will continue to allow Guests to access their Walt Disney World Resort Hotel room, access to the Parks, Disney PhotoPass service, and room charging privileges – just like the current MagicBand. Guests with older versions of the MagicBand will also still be able to use them during their visit and will still be available for purchase.
Once the MagicBand+ goes live this Summer, Guests with a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel reservation along with Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will be able to purchase this new technology with a nice pre-arrival discount.
Ready to start planning your Walt Disney World? Rooms are already VERY limited for the rest of 2022! Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation.
As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney! I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
Image/Source Credit: Disney