RECIPE: Make Your Own Sanaa-Style Naan Bread at Home
Yum! One of my favorite places to go for a relaxing meal when I’m at Disney is Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani Village. I’ve always thought of this eatery as a bit of a hidden treasure.
As may Disney insiders what they’re favorite treats to order up at Sanaa is and they’ll likely say the incredible bread course.
You’ll find the bread service available for lunch and dinner and can even get it go via mobile ordering. The course comes with five different breads: traditional naan, garlic ginger naan, spiced naan, onion kutcha or paneer paratha. Each of these breads are made in the restaurants tandoori ovens.
And then there’s the accompaniments! You can sample an array of toppings including cucumber raita, roasted red pepper hummus, mango chutney, tomato-date jam, tamarind chutney, coriander chutney, garlic pickle, red chile sambal and spicy jalapeno-lime pickle.
The chefs Sanaa are sharing with us an easy recipe for homemade naan that you can make in the oven so that you can enjoy this delicious Indian-style flatbread at home. These are great for a snack, naan pizzas, sandwiches and more! You’ll also learn how to make one of Sanaa’s famous dips the Cucumber Raita.
NAAN BREAD WITH CUCUMBER RAITA- Sanaa, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
Makes 5 (8-inch) naan
- 3 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; stir to combine.
- Combine milk, water, and oil in a medium bowl; whisk to combine.
- With mixer running, pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. As soon as mixture comes together, switch attachment to a dough hook and mix until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Do not over-mix.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Place a pizza stone on a top rack of oven, positioned approximately 6 inches below the broiler. Preheat oven to 500°F for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide dough evenly into 5 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into an 8-inch circle.
- Turn oven to broil. Carefully slide one circle of dough onto the preheated pizza stone, and broil until bread is bubbled and golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Watch carefully, as the bread can burn very quickly. Repeat with remaining dough rounds.
- Brush the warm bread with melted butter and serve immediately.
Makes 2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups Greek-style plain yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced into small pieces
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper, seeds and stem removed, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and freshly ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Chill before serving.
For those that like to have a print out of the recipe, you can find one here:
Click here for a print-at-home version of these recipes!
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Walt Disney World news and update’s!
Have you heard the news!? Walt Disney World packages are currently available through Summer of 2022! Book your getaway with ME before the end of August of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook