Need Some Culinary Inspiration For Oscar Night? Disney Has You Covered!
The Oscars have finally arrived! Tomorrow, Sunday, April 25 at 8:00 ET|5:00 PT on ABC the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will honor the movies released in 2020 and bring a little bit of glitz and glamour back to Hollywood. This year, the Walt Disney Company has earned a mighty impressive 15 Oscar nominations.
If you’ll be throwing an Oscar party tomorrow evening and are wondering what to cook, we have you covered thanks to the culinary masterminds at Disneyland. Here are a handful of recipes that are sure to make you the star of the show.
Steakhouse 55 – Disneyland® Hotel
• 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
• 2 large egg yolks
• Dash Tabasco
• Dash Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 1 1/2 tablespoon water
• 8 slices Canadian bacon
• 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
• 8 large eggs
• 4 English muffins
• 1 teaspoon chives
FOR HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan on low heat. When butter has melted completely, tilt the pan and skim off the foamy liquid that rises to the surface to clarify the butter. Will need ½ cup for recipe. Set aside and keep warm.
- Fill 2-quart saucepan with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low to maintain a simmer.
- Whisk egg yolks, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce lemon juice, salt, pepper, and water in medium mixing bowl for approximately 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture lightens in color.
- Place mixing bowl over simmering water and whisk to cook the egg mixture. Move bowl on and off the heat to avoid scrambling eggs—approximately 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off, for 3 to 5 minutes or until egg mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove bowl from heat and gradually whisk in small amounts of the warm clarified butter, 1-2 tablespoons at a time, mixing thoroughly before adding more butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
FOR EGGS BENEDICT:
- Cook Canadian bacon in large skillet over medium high heat until golden brown on both sides. Set aside and keep warm.
- Fill 2-quart saucepan half full with water. Add vinegar and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Crack the eggs into the water and cook 2 to 3 minutes until set and egg whites are opaque. Lift eggs out with a slotted spoon to drain. Set aside and keep warm.
- 1. Halve and toast English muffins. Place two halves on each plate. Top with 1 slice of Canadian bacon and 1 poached egg.
- Spoon warm Hollandaise sauce over eggs. Garnish with chives
You can download the recipe here. Steakhouse55_EggsBenedict_RECIPE
VEGGIE TATER BAKE
Flo’s V8 Café – Disney California Adventure® Park
• 3/4 cup bulgur wheat*
• Boiling water, for soaking
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 2/3 cup diced onion
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
• 2/3 cup diced zucchini
• 2/3 cup diced yellow squash
• 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
• 2 1/2 cups vegetarian sausage crumbles
• Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
• 6 deli-style slices cheddar or 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
*Bulgur is cracked wheat, and can be found in supermarkets or specialty foods stores. You may substitute whole-wheat couscous.
- Place bulgur in a large, heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Set aside for 15 minutes; drain excess water and set bulgur aside in bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan; add onions and cook until translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 second to 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high and add zucchini, squash and peppers. Cook, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in
sausage crumbles and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes more.
- Add bulgur to pan, stirring to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- . Pour mixture into a 9×9 baking dish, packing firmly with a spatula.
- Spread mashed potatoes over mixture, then top with cheddar.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and light brown at the edges. Let cool 3 to 4 minutes, then cut into squares and serve immediately
You can print out the recipe and keep it handy here – FlosV8_VeggieTaterBake_RECIPE
Blue Bayou Restaurant – Disneyland® Park
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 1 cup diced celery
• 2 cup diced onion
• 1 cup diced green bell pepper
• 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon diced shallots
• 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, plus more,to taste
• 1 teaspoon coarse salt
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 cup rice
• 1 cup fish or chicken stock
• 1 cup creole sauce
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 1 cup sliced andouille sausage
• 1 cup sliced smoked chicken sausage
• 16 medium shrimp
• 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
• 2 cups creole sauce
• Creole rice
• Salt, to taste
• 1/3 cup sliced green onions
FOR CREOLE SAUCE:
- Heat canola oil in a large saucepan over medium heat for 3 minutes, until hot. Add celery, onion, and green bell pepper and sauté for 4 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and shallots and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a simmer. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add salt and additional Cajun seasoning, to taste.
- Keep warm until ready to use.
FOR CREOLE RICE:
- Heat canola oil in a medium saucepan over low heat for 3 minutes, until warm. Add rice and stir constantly for 4 minutes, until rice has a light brown color.
- Add fish stock and creole sauce and stir until fully mixed. Increase heat to high and bring rice stock to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and rest for 10 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium-high heat for 3 minutes, until hot. Add sausages and cook for 5 minutes, until brown. Add shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes, until pink.
- Add Cajun seasoning and rice. Stir in 2 cups of creole rice. Add 2 cups of creole sauce and fold to mix.
- Add additional rice and sauce to reach desired consistency. Seasonwith salt, to taste.
- Serve with sliced green onions
You can print out the recipe here- BlueBayou_Jambalaya_RECIPE (1)
COOKIES ‘N CREAM BREAD PUDDING
Pacific Wharf Café – Disney California Adventure® Park
• 1 lb. loaf day-old Italian bread
• 5 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 4 cups half and half
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• 24 chocolate sandwich cookies, quartered
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
• 12 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
FOR BREAD PUDDING:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into one-inch cubes and place in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until fluffy. Pour over cubed bread, stirring gently to mix. Set aside for 15 minutes and allow egg mixture to soak into bread.
- Gently stir in chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Pour bread pudding mixture into prepared baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until top has set and a thermometer placed in the center reads 165°F.
- . Cool for 15 minutes.
- Whip heavy whipping cream in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment until medium peaks form
- Cut bread pudding using Mickey Mouse-shaped cookie cutter and place on a plate.
- Drizzle with 1-2 teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped cream and1 tablespoon of crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
Download this awesome dessert recipe here – PacificWharf_BreadPudding_RECIPE
Exclusive red carpet coverage begins Sunday, April 25th at 6:30 ET|3:30 PT, immediately followed by the awards ceremony at 8:00 ET|5:00 PT. Watch live on ABC or stream the Oscars at abc.com or on the ABC app.
Readers are also encourage to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Walt Disney World news and updates!
Get a Jumpstart On Your Travel Plans And Get A FREE Disney Gift Card!
Have you heard the news!? Walt Disney World vacation packages are currently available through June 2022! Book your 2022 stay with ME through May of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook