‘Celebrate HER Story’ Brings Treats, Entertainment, and Merchandise Created by Women to Disney Springs This Month
As we kick off Women”s History Month, Disney Springs has just announced the “Celebrate HER Story” series that will bring tasty treats created by women, female-led entertainment, and unique merchandise offerings to the shopping, dining, and entertainment complex at Walt Disney World this month! The event was made to celebrate the women of our past as well as the future including Cast Members, entrepreneurs, and more.
So, sit back, relax, and think of all of those “Incredible” women in your life as you learn about what is in store this month at Disney Springs as we celebrate Women’s History Month with “Celebrate HER Story.”
Celebrating Women in Art as Part of “Celebrate HER Story”
Check out these happenings at Disney Springs as part of “Celebrate HER Story” that were designed to highlight the work women have done in everything from illustration to film making and what the next generation will bring to the table:
- Stop by The Art of Disney and WonderGround Gallery for a series that focuses on female film makers, artists, and directors who have worked with The Walt Disney Animation Studios. Expect to see works from Mary Blair, Ruthie Thompson, Retta Scott (Worcester), Jennifer Lee, Josie Trinidad, and more.
- Several visiting female artists will be showcasing their artwork at various Disney Springs locations including the following:
- Julia Gabrielov at the Art of Disney: March 13-14 and March 20-21
- Meredith Young at the Marketplace Co-Op: March 26-28
- Paola Gracey at The Art of Disney: March 26-28
- Jasmine Beckett Griffith at the Marketplace Co-Op: Select dates between March 11 to 31
- Fabiola Garza Villalobos, Character Artist from the Disney Creative Group will be greeting fans and signing purchases on March 8 at Ever After Jewelry Co. & Accessories from 10 am to noon. Villalobos is a published author and illustrator who is known for creating the art for A Little Golden Book based on Disney-Pixar’s Coco as well as creating the pattern on the newest Dooney & Bourke collection featuring Robinhood.
- New entertainment acts will delight Guests at the AdventHealth Waterside Stage in Disney Springs every Wednesday night from 5 to 9 pm as part of of “Celebrate HER Story.” Featured will be strong female vocalists and acts who will share their own journeys and songs in honor of Women’s History Month including Just Imagin3 and the Skiillzmatic Band “SMB.”
Treating Your Taste Buds at Disney Springs During Women’s History Month
Ever wondered the force behind those “Instgagrammable” creations that come from Disney Springs? Well, let me introduce you to Chef Yolanda Lazo Colon from Amorette’s Patisserie and Chef Amanda Lauder from The Ganachery! Both female chefs execute the creative development of many food and beverage options at Disney Springs as well as managing the day-to-day operations of their locations and leading a talented team of Cast Members.
To Celebrate Women’s History Month and “Celebrate HER Story” at Disney Springs, both chefs have created a unique offering that reflects what the month of March means to them.
Chef Yoly from Amorette’s has mixed up her two favorite desserts inspired by her Puerto Rican heritage – chocolate cake and flan – to create “Chef Yoly’s Flancocho.
At The Ganachery, Chef Amanda has whipped up “Chef Amanda’s Che Toque Bonbon. Inspired by her childhood dream of becoming a pastry chef, it is filled with dark 65% chocolate, Morello cherry gel, and pistachio ganache. In addition, Chef Amanda is also bringing back a fan-favorite: the Captain Marvel Chocolate Pinata that is stuffed with pecan toffee crunch pieces and decorated with the super hero’s festive gold, red, and blue signature colors.
Mrs. Incredible is being celebrate during the “Celebrate HER Story” events at Disney Springs with the Mrs. Incredible Float! The float, made with black cherry lemonade, strawberry and lemon DOLE Whip, and served with a Mrs. Incredible straw can be purchased at Marketplace Snacks.
If you are wanting to cool down under that hot Florida sun during the month of March, head over to City Works Eatery & Pour House for the “Her Hops Flight.” The flight consists of four female-owned/led breweries in the southeast including:
- Robonaut Red Ale – Playalinda Brewing Co., Titusville, FL (Co-Owners, Katie Raike & Donna Scott)
- You’re My Boy, Blue! – Brew Bus Brewing, Tampa, FL (Co-Founder and CFO, Toni Derby)
- Hakuna Matata – D9 Brewing Co., Cornelius, NC (Charlotte Regional Head Brewer, Carli Smith)
- Duke’s Cold Nose – Bold City Brewery, Jacksonville, FL (Co-Founder and Co-Owner, Susan Miller)
For Women’s History Month, Sprinkles has partnered with the Step Up Organization to honor women throughout history with their White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcake. The limited-edition cupcake is filled with raspberry compote and topped with raspberry white chocolate frosting. It will be available from March 1 to March 14.
In addition, on March 8, in honor of International Women’s Day, Sprinkles in Disney Springs will be offering the “She is FIERCE” red velvet cupcake. And, throughout 2021, Sprinkles will be donating over $25,000 to various female empowerment organizations including Step Up.
Merchandise and More Treats from Female-Owned Businesses
If you are looking for that perfect gift to give or even for yourself, look no further than these businesses at Disney Springs that are owned by women:
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC (Baker and Owner, Erin McKenna)
- Rustic Cuff (Owner Jill Donovan)
- Sugarboo & Co. (Artist and Owner, Rebecca Puig)
- Vivoli il Gelato(Owner, Silvana Vivoli)
These retailers at Disney Springs also support women’s empowerment through special products and offerings during “Celebrate HER Story” month and all year long.
- ALEX AND ANI: This shop offers collections that inspire and feature empowered women. Their “it’s a NEW DAY” collection celebrates women reaching for their full potential through the pursuit of personal growth.
- House of Blues Gear Shop: This Disney Springs retailer carries the Halo Mission Jewelry Collection that features jewelry pieces made from guitar strings and is owned by women.
- L’Occitane en Provence: This brand has been in a fair-trade partnership for over 40 years with women of West Africa who harvest the shea fruit in their products. For Women’s History Month, they will be donating 100% of their profits from their Solidarity hand cream to women’s leadership causes.
- Lovepop: Over half of Lovepop’s workforce consists of strong, passionate women and they are proud to offer special cards and gifts that have been designed by women for women.
- Pele Soccer: Pele Soccer proudly highlights and features an extensive collection dedicated to the four-time Champion U.S. Women’s National Team. Guests are invited to check out a wide variety of in-store products such as authentic jerseys, t-shirts, hats, and more.
- Ron Jon Surf Shop: Ron Jon proudly sells two lines of products in their stores owned by women. The first is a Central Florida-based ban called SS Designs – President & CEO, Cindy Zimmerman – that develops custom art for their trendy apparel. Natural Life – Founder & CEO Patti Hughes – offers a trendy line of treasures with a free-spirit and positive vibe.
- Vera Bradley: One of the most fashion-forward trailblazers, Minnie Mouse, is the star of the brand’s new Minnie’s Garden Party and Minnie’s Garden Dots pattern that is releasing on March 11!
Will you be at Disney Springs this month for “Celebrate HER Story?” Let us know in the comments below!
Let’s start planning a Walt Disney World vacation to celebrate the women in your life! Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. EVERY vacation package* booked EXCLUSIVELY with me by March 15, 2021 will receive a Disney Gift Card as a thank you with your final travel documents. In addition, one lucky client will receive a FREE MemoryMaker ($169 value). As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney!. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with 3-day tickets
Image Credit: Disney