Favorite Disney Cocktails For Your Memorial Day Celebrations
While we take to our backyards and picnic tables this Memorial Day weekend, you might want to whip up a relaxing cocktail or two and we here at MickeyBlog have just the answer. Grab your cocktail shakers and mix up some of the delightful tastes you’ll find on a Disney vacation with our carefully curated list of awesome Disney cocktails!
You can’t go wrong with any of the awesome recipes on your list so let’s get mixing!
Balsamic Grande – Palo- Disney Cruise Line
If you’re a visual person like me then you’ll love the how-to video on how to whip up one of Disney Cruise Lines most delightful libations the Balsamic Grande which you can order up at Palo. This is the restaurant’s signature cocktail and features a splash of balsamic vinegar, fresh muddled strawberries and vodka.
Prohibition Mai-Tai – Paddlefish- Disney Springs
We thought what better way to celebrate the fact that Paddlefish will be reopening on May 29th then by sharing one of the restaurant’s signature cocktails. Check out this simple but absolutely delightful recipe below to create a drink perfect for summer sipping. Serves 1
- 2 ounces Scarlet Ibis Trinidad Rum
- .5 ounce orgeat syrup
- .5 ounce Giffard Banane du Bresil
- Juice of one-half lime
- Mint, cherry for garnish
- Fill a shaker glass with ice, add ingredients and shake well.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with mint and drop in cherry.
Snow Leopard’s Salvation – Nomad Lounge-Animal Kingdom
One of my favorite places in the whole world to grab a drink is at the Nomad Lounge which is next to Tiffins at the Animal Kingdom. Its the perfect waypoint to stop and have a drink before heading to Pandora or the Africa section of the park. Now you can conjure up the sense of adventure you get from having a drink here with an absolutely delicious cocktail:
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce pear liqueur
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces ginger beer (or ginger ale)
- lime wheel for garnish
- mint sprig for garnish
- Put mint leaves, vodka, pear liqueur and lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Add Ice.
- Shake and then top with ginger beer.
- Serve in a tall glass over ice
- Garish with a lime wheel and a mint sprig.
Bootlegger – Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’- Disney Springs
Homecomin’ is a restaurant that I and my family try to eat at every time we’re at Disney World. It is the place to go for amazing Florida cuisine and they also manage to churn out a pretty mean cocktail. I’m a HUGE fan of blackberries which is why this tipple ranks as one of my favorites.
- 1 rounded teaspoon blackberry jam
- 1 ounce Florida dark rum
- 1 ounce Florida light rum
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grenadine
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and pour over ice.
Icy Pop Cocktail- Pink- Disney Dream
Elevate your Champagne toast to the next level with this simple yet delightful trick from the team at Pink located in the Adult’s Only District on the Disney Dream. This recipe is almost too easy but is sure to make you the toast of the town!
- Champagne (Disney uses Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial)
- Your favorite fruity popsicle (we recommend Strawberry, Raspberry or Lime flavored)
- Pop the Cork
- Pur the Champagne into a flute
- Add the popsicle
- Toast, sip and enjoy!
Blue Hawaiian- The `Olelo Room – Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
Conjure up the tastes of the Hawaiian Islands with this tropical cocktail that is a favorite with Aulani regulars. During your Aulani visit, you can enjoy this cocktail at the ‘Olelo Room, Off the Hook and Wailana Pool Bar.
- 1 ounce House-made Sweet & Sour
- 2 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1 ounce Old Lahaina Light Rum
- 1 ounce Ocean Vodka
- 1/2 ounce BOLS Blue Curaçao
- Pineapple wedge and pineapple leaf, for garnish
- Pour sweet & sour, pineapple juice, rum and Blue Curaçao in mixing glass; fill with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour into tall glass; garnish with pineapple wedge and pineapple leaf.
Double Pear Martini – Carthay Circle Lounge – Disney California Adventure
Carthay Circle regularly tops lists of California’s best cocktail bars and with cocktails like the Double Pear Martini, it’s easy to understand why! This dreamy drink is pure bliss and is one of the finest you’ll get at Disney California Adventure. Try it out here.
- 1 ounce Double Cross vodka
- 1 ounce Absolut Pears vodka
- 1 ounce Kern’s Pear Nectar
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Monin agave nectar
- Garnish: 1 Chilean baby Pear
1. Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass. Add ice and shake for 10 seconds. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a Chilean baby Pear.
Bloody Mary – Palo – Disney Cruise Line
This drink is popular with the cruising crowd and can be ordered up when having brunch at Palo. It pairs perfectly with one of Palo’s savory brunch entrees like the roasted red snapper filet or the spicy Italian sausage flatbread.
- 1.5 oz radish-infused Belvedere vodka
- 3 oz yellow tomato juice
- 4 oz fresh heirloom tomato juice
- 2 oz beet root juice
- Splash of fresh ginger juice
- Splash of yuzu juice
- Pinch of Hawaiian sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Dash of whisky Worcestershire sauce
- Green bean, bacon and horseradish crisp
- Red bell pepper and horseradish crisp
- Cucumber tomato strip
- Dried tomato basil chip
- Sprig of rosemary
- Infuse the vodka with radish. Do not use horseradish, as it will overpower the drink.
- Blend or muddle heirloom tomatoes. Remove the skin first if you prefer.
- Prepare a glass full with ice, and add yellow tomato juice, heirloom tomato juice and vodka.
- Muddle fresh ginger root, and strain juice into glass.
- Add a pinch of Hawaiian sea salt and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Add a splash of yuzu juice and whiskey Worcestershire sauce.
- Once all ingredients are in the glass, stir gently to blend the drink.
- Garnish for the finishing touch.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this look at some of our favorite Disney cocktails and that you have a go at serving up one or two during your Memorial Day celebrations.
Keep following along with MickeyBlog for more ways to add a bit of Disney magic to your days at home!
Thinking about a Disney getaway in 2020 or 2021? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook