Theme Park Injury Report Released For 1st Quarter 2020
Central Florida state reporting of theme park incidents and injuries have been released for the 1st Quarter of 2020. This covers events occurring January through March at Sea World, Busch Gardens, Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, and Legoland. The Central Florida theme parks must provide these to the state in order to remain exempt from major inspection.
For the 1st Quarter of 2020, the 10 incidents and injuries reported occurred at Sea World, Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, and Busch Gardens. No incidents or injuries were reported at Legoland this quarter.
Theme Park Injury Report For 2020 Q1
- 2/28/20 – Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, 64 year old male, guest had chest pains
- 3/3/20 – Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, 9 year old female, guest with pre-existing medical condition had a seizure after the ride
- 3/12/20 – Toy Story Mania!, 54 year old male, guest had a heart attack after having experienced the attraction
- 3/14/20 – Jungle Cruise, 74 year old female, guest fractured leg stepping into boat
- 3/14/20 – Test Track, 34 year old female, guest with pre-existing condition experienced abdominal pain after riding the attraction
- 3/18/20 – Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, 75 year old male, guest fell and fractured leg while entering attraction vehicle
- 2/16/20 – The Incredible Hulk Coaster, 48 year old male, motion sickness
- 1/8/20 – Kumba, 56 year old female, chest pain
- 2/9/20 – Montu, 55 year old female, extreme nausea and vomiting
- 3/9/20 – Manta, 65 year old female, illness
Please note only illnesses or incidents resulting in a hospital stay of 24-hours or more including deaths are displayed on the Theme Park Injury Report.
Source Credit: Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still many magical packages available for 2020! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!