Full Listing Of The 2019 Pro Bowl Experience Activities
Starting next weekend the NFL is hosting a week-long celebration leading up to the 2019 Pro Bowl presented by Verizon at Orlando’s Camping World Stadium on January 27. This celebration is held to unite and inspire the entire football community. The best part is that most of Pro Bowl Week events are set to take place once again at ESPN Wide World of Sports at Walt Disney World Resort!
Throughout the week, a fan-focused program offers free interactive experiences and youth and high school football competitions. For the third consecutive year, Pro Bowlers from the AFC and NFC will compete in unique competitions at the Pro Bowl Skills Showdown – this year featuring the 40-Yard Splash Presented by McDonalds, where players will race to fill up a dunk tank and attempt to hit the target with a football. The event airs on Thursday, January 24, at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN and Disney XD.
For the Community
The week also offers opportunity to give back to the community. For the first time at Pro Bowl, the NFL will host Pro Bowl Community Day on Saturday, January 26 at the sports complex, when Pro Bowl players will participate in various activities supporting Community Service, Youth Football, Youth Health & Wellness, the Military Community, and Sustainability efforts.
The Pro Bowl will be televised live Sunday, January 27 at 3:00 PM ET on ESPN, ESPN Deportes, Disney XD and ABC. Game streaming is available on ESPN digital platforms, Yahoo Sports on mobile, and the NFL app on mobile. Audio of the game will be broadcast nationally by Westwood One, and carried on SiriusXM and the TuneIn App. ESPN will also provide live coverage of many of the events during Pro Bowl Week across the ESPN, ABC and Disney platforms, in addition to NFL Media.
See below a list of all Pro Bowl events taking place at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex:
Overview of Pro Bowl Week Events:
- Pro Bowl Experience: Wednesday, January 23 – Saturday, January 26; times vary; ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- AFC / NFC Pro Bowl Practices: Wednesday, January 23 – Friday, January 25; times vary; ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
- Pro Bowl Skills Showdown: Wednesday, January 23; 12:00 PM ET; ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (taping) and will air on Thursday, January 24 at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN & Disney XD.
Youth and High School Events:
- Play Football Opening Night: Thursday, January 24; 6:00-8:00 PM ET; the Arena at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Play Football Skills Showdown: Friday, January 25; 12:30-3:30 PM ET; Field 16 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Play Football Celebrity FLAG Game: Friday, January 25; 6:00-8:00 PM ET; Field 16 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- NFL FLAG Championships Powered by USA Football: Friday, January 25 – Sunday, January 27; ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- NFL PLAY 60 Character Camp: Wednesday, January 23; 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM ET; Field 21 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Pro Bowl Community Day: Saturday, January 26; 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET; ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Special Olympics Unified Flag Football Game – Field 18
- Play Football Clinics – Field 17
- Packaging USO Military Care Kits* – Visa Center
- Packaging Shelter Comfort Kits* – Visa Center
- Meal Packing for Local Food Bank* – Visa Center
- NFL Green Project* – Field 24
- The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) Activity* – Field 21
- Wounded Warrior Project Flag Football Game* – Field 22
Pro Bowl Experience and Pro Bowl Practices:
Pro Bowl Experience
A free football festival located at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort where, among many activities and attractions, fans can participate in immersive exhibits and take photos with the 2019 Pro Bowl Trophy. As part of the partnership between KultureCity and Camping World Stadium, Pro Bowl Experience will distribute sensory-friendly packs to fans.
The 2019 Pro Bowl Experience will be open to fans at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort:
- Wednesday, January 23 from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET
- Thursday, January 24 from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET
- Friday, January 25 from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET
- Saturday, January 26 from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET
*All attractions are subject to change.
- 40-Yard Dash: Race down the field against your opponents and virtual NFL players on a giant 40-yard long LED wall.
- Kick-Tac-Toe: Kick 3 in a row on a giant tic-tac-toe board.
- Bring It All Block Party: A pop-up block party-style experience for teens to show off what they bring to the game of football, including a t-shirt customization station, touchdown celebration booth, and gaming lounge featuring Fortnite.
- Oakley®: Experience Oakley Prizm™, a revolutionary lens technology grounded in decades of research that turned eyewear into vital sports equipment. To learn more about the Oakley Prizm Football Shield and see what you’ve been missing, please visit the Oakley Rolling Lab in the Fan Zone
- Obstacle Course: Navigate through obstacle courses and train like an NFL player.
- Precision Passing: Pass to as many targets as possible while on the clock.
- Best Hands: Catch as many different passes as possible like an NFL all-star!
- 2019 Pro Bowl Trophy: Take a photo with the official 2019 Pro Bowl Trophy.
- Sleep Number: See how sleep impacts performance at the Sleep Number fan experience, featuring the Sleep Number 360 smart bed and interactive Plinko game with giveaways.
- Vertical Jump: Jump as high as you can and hit the corresponding flag to discover your vertical reach just like at the NFL Scouting Combine.
- NFL Shop at Pro Bowl: Shop for your favorite NFL and Pro Bowl gear at the NFL Shop trailer located inside Pro Bowl Experience.
- Wilson: Fans will have the opportunity to customize their own Wilson footballs.
AFC & NFC Team Pro Bowl Practices
The AFC and NFC teams will practice at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complexfrom Wednesday, January 23 through Friday, January 25. All media availabilities will take place on the field at the conclusion of each practice.
Practices are free and open to the public, and entry to the seating areas is available on a first-come, first-served basis. To attend practice, fans must register for Fan Mobile Pass via the Pro Bowl – Fan Mobile Pass app or onNFL.com/PBFanMobilePass. Visit ProBowl.com for more details.
Wednesday, January 23
- 10:30 AM ET NFC team practice at ESPN Wide World of Sports – Field 16
- 10:45 AM ET AFC team practice at ESPN Wide World of Sports – Field 7
Thursday, January 24
- 11:30 AM ET NFC team practice at ESPN Wide World of Sports – Field 16
- 11:45 AM ET AFC team practice at ESPN Wide World of Sports – Field 7
Friday, January 25
- 11:30 AM ET NFC team practice at ESPN Wide World of Sports – Field 16
- 11:45 AM ET AFC team practice at ESPN Wide World of Sports – Field 7
NFL PLAY 60 Character Camp
On Wednesday, January 23 at 9:30 AM ET, the NFL will host a free Character Camp on Field 21 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. The event will include 300 predominantly-Hispanic youth from the Orlando area. The non-contact football camp will be led by Pro Football Hall of Fame offensive tackle Anthony Muñoz.
The camp is also part the NFL PLAY 60 Character Camps program, a partnership between the NFL and the Muñoz Agency. The mission of the camps is to make a positive impact on youth through teaching football skills, emphasizing exercise, and reinforcing the importance of character in athletics and life. Furthermore, this camp is hosted as part of the NFL’s year-round Hispanic outreach initiative, focused on offering youth opportunities to play and experience the game of football. Since the inception of NFL PLAY 60 Character Camps in 2012, over 90 camps have been held impacting nearly 30,000 youth across the country.
Play Football Opening Night
Play Football Opening Night is a youth and high school focused media event for all NFL Flag Championship teams and High School Skills Showdown Athletes on Thursday, January 24 from 6:00-8:00 PM ET at The Arena at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. More than 700 NFL FLAG participants and Play Football High School Skills competitors will have the opportunity to mix and mingle before competition kicks off. Participants will interact with NFL players – current and Legends – and Disney talent. Each NFL FLAG team and High School Skills athlete will participate in interview sessions and various activities. These activities include but are not limited to: designated team interview areas & time slots, photo opportunities, gaming lounge, vertical jump and 40-yard dash, and trophy displays.
Pro Bowl Skills Showdown
For the third consecutive year, Pro Bowlers from the AFC and NFC will compete against each other in unique competitions at the PRO BOWL SKILLS SHOWDOWN, which airs onThursday, January 24, at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN and Disney XD.
The 2019 Pro Bowl Legends Captains, Jim Kelly and Demarcus Ware of the AFC and Emmitt Smith and Brian Urlacher of the NFC, will lead their respective squads. The Legends Captains will motivate, strategize, and execute a game plan for their teams. Each Skills Showdown team will feature 10 All-Stars: two quarterbacks, one running back, three wide receivers/tight ends/defensive backs, three linemen/linebackers, and one coach’s choice (non-quarterback).
Taking place at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort, the competition will include:
- 40 Yard Splash presented by McDonalds: A new challenge that puts teamwork to the test as players participate in a football-inspired take on a fire bucket brigade. Players race to fill up a dunk tank and attempt to hit the target with a football, dropping an opposing team member into the tank.
- Gridiron Gauntlet presented by Castrol® EDGE®: Five players from each team will participate in a head-to-head relay race designed to showcase strength, speed, and agility. Competitions include a fumble scramble through an inflatable path, among others.
- Best Hands presented by Madden NFL Overdrive: Two WR-QB duos from each conference will compete in a timed relay race to catch a series of passes at a sequence of downfield targets as quickly as possible. Designated targets require a specific style of catch – diving, one-handed, over the shoulder, etc. – which must be executed before the receiver can move on to the next target.
- Precision Passing presented by Madden NFL Overdrive: Each conference’s two quarterbacks and one captain-appointed non-quarterback will battle it out in a one-minute accuracy competition, as they attempt to hit as many targets as possible.
- Epic Pro Bowl Dodgeball presented by Skittles: In the grand finale, Pro Bowlers will compete in a classic game of dodgeball, with every member of each team participating. In a best of three series, the team with the last person on the court wins.
Fans are encouraged to join the conversation surrounding the Pro Bowl Skills Showdown on social media using the hashtag #ProBowlSkills. For additional information and to find out more about week-of festivities, fans are encouraged to visit ProBowl.com.
Play Football Skills Showdown
Fifty high school football student-athletes from around the country will have an opportunity to participate in position specific drills, viral challenges, and celebration dance offs during the first-ever Play Football Skills Showdown at Pro Bowl on Friday, January 25 from 12:30-3:30 PM on Field 17 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. NFL Club Coach of the Year winners from each of the 32 markets had a chance to select one player from their team to participate in the Showdown. Remaining spots are for graduating high school seniors from the local Orlando and South Florida region.
Play Football Celebrity FLAG Game
On Friday, January 25 from 6:00-8:00 PM ET on Field 16 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex NFL Legends, celebrities, influencers, and the youth football community will participate in a friendly but competitive flag football game during the first annual Play Football Celebrity Flag Game at Pro Bowl. Each team will compete for a donation to an agreed upon foundation connected to youth or high school football to assist with growing the game of football. Public entry opens at 5:00 PM ET. Seating is limited so arrive early in order to secure a seat.
NFL FLAG Championships
NFL FLAG Championships will be held at Pro Bowl for the third consecutive year as part of the week-long celebration of football across all levels. Over 71 youth flag football teams will compete in the NFL FLAG Championships Powered by USA Football as part of the NFL’s Pro Bowl Week in Orlando.
Championship games for the 9-10 Coed, 11-12 Coed and 13-14 Girls divisions will be played Saturday, January 26. The games are to be played at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, starting at 10:00 AM ET. All three games will be streamed live on ESPN3. NFL Pro Bowl players, Legends, and special guests will serve as guest coaches encouraging teams and engaging with fans. The 13-14 Boys championship game will be played Sunday, January 27 at Camping World Stadium during pregame. Kickoff is 1:15 PM ET and can be viewed on ESPN/ABC properties.
- Pool Play: Friday, January 25; ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex; 10:00 AM ET – 6:30 PM ET; Fields 23-30
- Boys Semifinals: Saturday, January 26; ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex: 9:00 AM ET; Field 25
- 9-10 Coed, 11-12 Coed and 13-14 Girls Championships: Saturday, January 26; ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex; 9:30 AM ET; Field 16
- 13-14 Boys Championships: Sunday, January 27; Pre-game at Pro Bowl; Camping World Stadium
Ready to experience Disney for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2019 packages available. Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Facebook!