Starlight Safaris at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Are Back!
We’ve got some exciting news to share with fans of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. Their beloved Starlight Safaris evening tour is BACK!
This is one of the magical add-ons you can pick to make your stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge truly memorable. I mean what’s better then winding down your day with an after-dark tour of Disney’s African savannas and wildlife.
During the one hour tour you’ll climb aboard an open-sides safari vehicle and feel the rush of night air as you travel past lush scenery looking for over 30 species of wildlife that call Animal Kingdom Lodge home!
Worried you won’t be able to see? Don’t worry! Animal Kingdom Lodge has you covered. Guests will be provided with a night vision device. You won’t believe everything you’re able to see including zebras, giraffes, wildebeests and antelopes!
As you can see from the image taken from disneyworld.com, the experience is available to guests at $89.00 per person
Right now it looks as if there will be two tours daily, one at 8:30 pm and another at 10 pm. However, spaces are limited and spots fill up incredibly fast so making a reservation well in advance is essential!
Aren’t staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge? No need to worry! Guests staying at a Walt Disney World resort may also book.
Here are a few additional details you’ll want to know:
- Reservations can be made using the My Disney Experience app
- Guests must be 8 years or older and those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- WARNING: The experience is a rugged safari ride over an open savanna. Participants should be in good health and free from high blood pressure, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that might get aggravated. Expecting mothers should not participate.
- Late arrivals will not be accommodated.
- Check in is at the porte-cochere at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village and it is recommended you do so at least 15 minutes before the tour.
- Valid photo ID is required at check in.
- ECVs and other mobility devices must be left behind at the Resort. There will be a wheelchair available for guests to transfer into.
- Guests are responsible for transportation to and from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Walt Disney World news and updates!
Didn’t make it to Disney in 2021!? Well we’ve got some fantastic news- Disney Packages are currently available to book through the end of 2022! That gives you plenty of time to plan that magical getaway and I’m here to help.
With new policies and procedures in place during the year ahead, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! I’ll be on hand to assist with everything from finding that perfect package and getting the best deals to organizing park passes, Disney Genie+ and dining reservations. Best of all- my services are ABSOLUTELY FREE!