Star Wars: The Acolyte – Lucasfilm’s Rayne Roberts Attached
Firstly, to me — and to other fans of Star Wars “new” canon — this is solid news.
Lucasfilm Storygroup VP Rayne Roberts will co-develop Star Wars: The Acolyte alongside Lesley Headland.
A familiar face at Lucasfilm, Roberts looks to help guide an envelope-pushing new story for Disney+.
Rayne Roberts to Co-develop Star Wars: The Acolyte
- Lucasfilm recently revealed  new “Star Wars” projects. [However,] a fairly significant update to one of them has been quietly unveiled… Rayne Roberts has been revealed to be co-developing “The Acolyte” “Star Wars” series alongside showrunner and executive producer Leslye Headland, according to her official Lucasfilm profile.
- Her involvement in the series was [not previously] mentioned in press releases…
- Roberts was instrumental in the development and production of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” “Rogue One,” “The Last Jedi,” “Solo,” and “The Rise of Skywalker,” and the animated series “Star Wars Rebels.”
- “The Acolyte” series on Disney+ [takes] place at the tail-end of The High Republic era, a point in the “Star Wars” universe that will be mostly explored in a wave of new novels and is said to be set about 100 years before the events of the late-’90s-starting “Star Wars” prequels.
- The female-centric project has been officially called a “mystery-thriller that will take the audience into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark side powers in the final days of the High Republic era.”
Moreover, back in 2016 Roberts spoke about her job on the Storygroup with The Star Wars Show’s Andi Gutierrez:
Rayne Roberts Interview | Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016
Andi chats with Rayne Roberts from the Lucasfilm Story Group.
I feel so comfortable with both Roberts and Headland working on this spectacular new series, check out this interview with Leslye. Want to know why?
Interview with Leslye Headland
Leslye Headland: learn more about her process… and what she hopes to see with her new project!
Finally, we’ll keep an eye on this series as it continues development for Disney+.