Thanksgiving Leftover Recipe For Disney Ham Sliders
At our house, an over abundance of Thanksgiving leftovers are needed to keep my family happy. I usually end up doubling recipes so that we can continue the feast (turkey coma) for days. I will admit though that those plain turkey or ham sandwiches can lose its luster after awhile. But you’re in luck! Today I have a fun Disney twist to kick your sandwiches up a notch that your family will crave year-round!
Here is a delicious way to use your leftover ham to create Ham Sliders with Pineapple Cherry Jam. In the past these tasty treats could be found during Disney California Adventure Festival of Holidays at Disneyland Resort.
The real key to this recipe though is the yummy Pineapple Cherry Jam that takes this seemingly simple slider to the next level. (Note to the cook – be sure to reserve some of the tasty jam to spread on warm buttered toast for a morning treat. You deserve it!)
Stay tuned to MickeyBlog as we bring you another recipe that is a fun remix of traditional Thanksgiving leftovers!
HOLIDAY HAM SLIDER WITH PINEAPPLE CHERRY JAM
PINEAPPLE CHERRY JAM
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 8 brioche buns
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/2 pounds Applewood smoked ham, sliced medium thickness
FOR PINEAPPLE CHERRY JAM:
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add pineapple, vinegar and sugar; cook on low heat for 45 minutes, until vinegar and pineapple juices are reduced and pineapple begins to break down.
- Stir in cherries and mustard; season with salt.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR HAM SLIDER:
- Preheat griddle or skillet over medium heat. Cut brioche buns in half and spread butter on cut side. Toast on hot griddle for 1 minute, or until golden brown.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and warm ham.
- Evenly divide ham on warm brioche buns and top with jam.
Cook’s Note: Refrigerate any leftover jam—it’s delicious spread on warm buttered toast.
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe. Happy cooking!
Disney Ham Sliders Recipe Credit: Disney Parks Blog
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still many magical vacation packages available for 2020 and 2021! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!